Thursday, August 26, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

As I go about my day to day activities, I often stop and wonder at the things I can no longer do.  You know, things like stand on my head, back bends, recite the alphabet backwards, remember the words to a Shakespeare play.  Wait.  I never could do those things!

Then of course there are things I really do sometimes have trouble with, like remembering where I parked my car, walking up three flights of stairs without pausing to catch my breath, doing the laundry and then forget I have clothes in the washer, forget to take the oven off preheat…  this list is endless.  Also endless, though, is the list of things I still do without badly messing up.  So I am good! 

And when I am no longer good, I plan on continuing to be no longer good with a good sprinkling of laughter inserted into my daily life.  And when I am no longer able to find laughter, it is my hope that someone will do their darndest to provide it for me.

This video of a Prayer on Getting Old is one of the best videos I have watched in a very long time.  I want to be HER when I grow up!  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Prayer about getting old

14 comments:

Toriz said...

I agree... Laughter is the best medicine! :)

Tonia said...

Ahhhh I love it!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I just loved this post. The video is too funny. And I agree, I want to be her...to have that kind of sense of humor and take the aging thing all in stride! We might as well poke fun at it, we can't stop it from happening. Thanks for sharing.

Have a good Friday,
Cheryl

Rita said...

She was just great! What timing! I'll be joining her soon. Already can relate to a few of the things she said--hehe! Nice to laugh out loud. Thanks! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ohmygosh!! It took hours of interruptions to get through (UGH!!!) but I finally got to watch the whole video! LOVED IT!! Thanks so much for sharing!

AliceKay said...

That is one special lady. She has a wonderful sense of humor and she uses it well. The end is what got me...the part she said before hoping to find her car in the parking lot.

Have a great day today and thanks for the pick-me-up. I needed that today. *hugs*

Unknown said...

The video was great and I can relate.

Intense Guy said...

:)

You know its always a close call on which is more musical to the ear - the sound of your own laugh or the laugh you caused.

The upside is that is so enjoyable either way.

I for one think you could recite the alphabet backwards (perhaps with hours and hours of practice - and maybe a lot less practice if it were put to music so you could sing it as you played your instrument).

As for Shakespeare.... Ugh! :) How about a play written in English? :)

Funny in My Mind said...

Oh, she is a firecracker!
I just loved that, you made my day!!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Even the Bible says, "laughter is the best medicine." Oh, I just want to be a pharmacy of laughter!

The video cracked me up! Ya gotta love someone who can laugh at themselves.

God bless ya and have a fantastic Friday!!!

Vicki Lane said...

Really good! Thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

Awww I sure hope laughter is always in your life and I bet it will be with all those wonderful grandchildren :o) I loved this post Punkn, and I agree laughter really does the heart and health good hugssss

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I loved it. I will have to play it several times!!

Nancy said...

A friend sent me this video and it is funny. Hits pretty close to home. We must laugh every day - lots of times. And maybe dance a little too.