Saturday, November 27, 2010

Strawberry-Pretzel Salad

Ask and ye shall receive.  This is an interesting tasting salad, mixing the saltiness of pretzels in the crust with a sweet topping.  The best thing is that it is easy to make. 

Strawberry-Pretzel Salad


2 cups crushed pretzels
3 T sugar
1 ½ sticks of butter

Melt butter. Stir in sugar until well mixed. Mix with pretzels until well coated. Spread in a 9 x 13 pan and bake 8 minutes @ 350 degrees.

8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 T milk
4 T crushed (drained) pineapple
1 medium size cool whip

Mix all ingredients except cool whip. Cool whip should be mixed in by hand. After pretzel crust has cooled spread this mixture over crust.

Large strawberry Jello
10 to 16 oz. frozen strawberries (sliced)
(I let the strawberries sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes so they are easier to slice) 
2 cups boiling water

Mix jello and water until dissolved. Add frozen strawberries to jello and let stand for a few minutes. Spoon or pour over cream cheese mixture.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

The pie holder came from Sam's Club.  I think it cost $29, but don't hold me to that.  It sure did come in handy!

The "red dish" is the strawberry-pretzel salad



10 comments:

Toriz said...

Interesting recipe.

Rita said...

You'd have to like pretzels to try this one--hehe! ;)

Flat Creek Farm said...

I love this recipe! I was happily reminded of this one when you posted your menu - thanks for the reminder AND the recipe. I loved that pie holder too (if I didn't mention it already). A must for a big family such as yours, maybe not so much for our smaller family. But I might "need" one anyway :) -Tammy

betty said...

that salad does sound interesting; thanks for the recipe Deanna! I would imagine it would be good at a church pot luck type thing. Will have to try it sometime!

hope you are having a nice weekend :)

betty

AliceKay said...

I love pretzels so I just might have to try this salad sometime. Sure sounds interesting. Thanks for passing along the recipe. :)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

That salad sounds so good. I love froze strawberries, better than fresh ones. I hope I rmeember it for the next big dinner. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that sounds good and how interesting the crust is made of pretzels that is a really good idea, thanks so much for sharing. Looks like yall had all kinds of goodies there :o)

Missouri Gal said...

My friend made this for a food day at work and I loved it. I made it this past summer for my 4th of July party and it was a hit. It's SOOO good!

Anonymous said...

This salad goes like wild fire at our parties. We usually make 2.

Intense Guy said...

Anything with pretzals, cream cheese, strawberries and all that butter hasta be tummy rubbing gooooooooood.....

:)