Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Allen

The weather has been downright beautiful here in my little spot of the world. 

Saturday was Grandson Allen's birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLEN!  I posted about our birthday shopping trip here.

Greg and Alicia had everyone out to celebrate Sunday.  It was a nice, easy day.  Unhurried and laid back.  Now that is the way to have a party.  Good burgers and brats, potatoe casserole, baked beans, lots of snacks, and of course cake and icecream. 



All eyes are on Allen
 We took time to stroll around and enjoy the pretty weather.  The kids were off playing, or fishing, or doing whatever it is that kids do.  Here is a bit of what we saw:


Chickens
Crazy kids (James & Austin) on a playhouse roof

Peach tree blossoms

It was definitely a good day.

There is so much going on in our day to day life right now that I find myself gettig blogged down.  I wrote and wrote this morning and discovered I had about 10 topics going.  For goodness sakes, I need to get my thoughts organized better.  I'm hoping to become more consistent in my blogging and then all of my thoughts won't come pouring out into one post!

Later all.  I hope you have a wonderful day and week!

11 comments:

Akum said...

Sounds like u had a fun day! Wishing Allen all the best!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Looks like you had a great time celebrating a birthday with all that good food and family! Have a good week.

jewelzmomof4 said...

we had such a great day yesterday....got home last night and threw my kids in the tub and the water was brown after each one of the younger two LOL. That only prooves one thing to me......They had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!! A dirty kid is a happy kid :)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What a beautiful spring day it was in Mid-Mo and your pictures prove it.
I see you've moved to the new blogger uploads too. I like how we can now label a picture.

This kind of weather you can bet I won't have the quilt finished and you can help after Easter.

Rita said...

Looks like a great birthday party! Happy kids and chickens, what more could you ask. ;)

Sometimes time just gets away from us, that's for sure. No worries. :)

Toriz said...

I'm glad Alan had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Allen everything sounds so yummy. Loved the pictures especially of the chickens and the adorable coop I love it!! Hope your week is going well so far also HUGS

AliceKay said...

It looks like everyone was having a great day...celebrating Allen's birthday, celebrating the beautiful spring day you had out there, and celebrating life itself. Happy Birthday, Allen!

Nice post. :)

betty said...

Happy Birthday Allen! Looks like a fun party and get together with delicious food and wonderful times with family!! loved your pictures, Deanna! Looks like such a lovely place to walk around and explore!

betty

Intense Guy said...

Wow! Look at all them candles! Good thing there is a firefighter in the family!

Happy Birthday Allen!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

It looked like the perfect day to celebrate handsome Allen's birthday. I'm just a little late to the party but...

Happy belated birthday Allen, I hope it rocked!!!

God bless and have an amazin' day sweetie!!! :o)