Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Barn Charm

 This week's barn hails from Cooper County, MO, somewhere near Boonville.  I knew I had to take her picture when I saw her from afar (be still my heart...)

A few of you asked last week about whether I took any pictures of the cars.  We were on a very curvy, hilly, country Highway.  We are talking about calling ahead and get permission to take some pictures.  If we're smart, we'll do that soon - before the temperatures warm and the snakes make an appearance.  Time will tell whether we are smart or not.


Near Boonville, MO
Isn't she a beauty?

12 comments:

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

That barn is awesomely charming Deanna! You hit the jackpot of charming and beautiful with that red barn with quilt block! Woot!

betty said...

She is a beauty! I like how she basically seems to stand alone out there in the fields!

betty

The Wife O Riley said...

Gorgeous!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

This is a beauty, Deanna! You've combined two of my favorite elements...a red barn and a barn with a quilt block!

Rose said...


This barn is a beauty..love the quilt square.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the barn quilt! She definitely is a beauty.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i totally agree - a real beauty. that quilt is so fun. ( :

ChicagoLady said...

I love the second picture. Did you take it laying down? I love the blurry plowed field in the foreground and the tall grass blowing next to the barn.

Anonymous said...

Be still my heart, indeed! What a beautiful barn! WoW

Thank you for joining =)

Vicki Lane said...

Oh, yes, a lovely barn!

AliceKay said...

She sure is. Love your pics.

Intense Guy said...

Ditto's what AK typed!