Monday, February 25, 2013

Tongue Twister

Each week I change the recording on our voice mail at church.  This week it went like this:

What I meant to say:  Thank you for calling St. Andrew's Catholic Church.  Please join us for our Fish Frys every Friday during Lent, serving USA Raised Catfish from 4:00 to 7:00 pm.  Our weekend Masses are Saturday, 5:30 pm, Sunday, 9:30 am.  Weekday Masses this week:  8:00 am, Tuesday through Friday.  Office hours, 1:00 to 5:00 pm, Tuesday and Thursday.  If you need assistance, please leave a message and we'll return your call as soon as possible.

What I actually said:

Take one:  Thank you for calling St. Andrew's Catholic Church. Please join us for our Frish Fr...

Take two:  Thank you for calling St. Andrew's Catholic Church (notice, I have this part down pat).  Please join us for our Fish Frys every Friday during Lent serving USA Rsd C...

Take three:  Thank you, etc.  Please join us for etc (finally made it through the tongue twister!).  Our weekend Masses etc. (keep on going girl, it's going good).  Weekday Masses this week:  8:00 am Truesday... (crap)

Take four:  Same as take one

Take five:  Thank you for calling etc.  Please join us...  cough cough

Take six:  Thank you... voice cracks

Take seven:  Thank you for calling (voice cracks and I keep going) 

All in the day of a church lady.  Is crap a bad word?

6 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL!!! I crack up leaving those things! I always wind up sounding SO WEIRD!!!

betty said...

LOL, no crap is not a bad word, but I would make sure its not in the message :) unless they thought maybe you were serving carp fish and you mispronounced it :)

that would be a nightmare to have to record a message weekly like this; I think it would be the least favorite of my job duties :)

betty

ChicagoLady said...

LOL, crap is only a bad word if you think it's a bad word.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

LOL! You did better than I would have!

Are you ready for more 'crappy' weather? (sorry, couldn't resist) It's on the way! Take safe and warm!

AliceKay said...

This post cracked me up. LOL

Intense Guy said...

LOL!

I hope you find the fish fry formed fond memories!