Sunday, February 24, 2013

Visitors



This silly fella knocked on my door repeatedly this afternoon.  Originally the curtains were closed.  He was bound and determined to get my attention, though.  At first I thought he was trapped under the porch, but not so.


Knock Knock
(Yes, I know the glass is dirty.  It's not like I was expecting visitors, though!)
 
He'd strut around a bit, knock lightly, then fly up into the tree.


I'm much better looking that your imitation hummer
 


 Then he'd fly over to the bird feeder.  There is a message here, I do believe.



Hint hint.  The feeder is empty (again)

 
I delivered my message.  Mission accomplished.

Dakota asked to come spend the weekend with us. " Of course!, we said"  We got more than we bargained for.  The boys thought it would be great fun to play in the snow woodsman style.  Considering they spent 2 or more hours out there, I'd say they were right.  It gave Julie and me some time to sit and visit.  So enjoyed that.

Julie and Austin went home, leaving Dakota to challenge us in several games of pool.  It was a lot of fun, even if I did lose.  He is becoming a pretty good pool player.

After church this morning, we fixed ourselves bacon, eggs, and fried potatoes (I fixed, we ate).  And now I have the house to myself, since Jim took Dakota home when he headed into work this afternoon.  I'm enjoying the quiet.


Two birds of a whole different variety.  Snow bunnies maybe?

Was your weekend as good as mine?

8 comments:

betty said...

Sounds like it was a good weekend Deanna! Any time spent with the grands I'm sure is a great time!! What a cute visitor too with the bird; he sure got his message across to have the bird feeder filled! Koda did that one time with water; it was a particularly stressful time and I think we just forgot about his water pill (but he was getting fed like he always did). One day he barked and barked for a few mintus; I finally got up to see where he was at and he was right by his empty water dish. I felt soooooo bad! I filled it up, hoping it wasn't a long time it had been emptied.

My weekend was a nice one!!

betty

Vicki Lane said...

A fine weekend, indeed! Your cardinal may also be challenging his reflection -- we've had them do that with our rear view mirrors.

I LOVE your Easter egg wreath!

Flat Creek Farm said...

"Hey you! More seeds, please!" Too cute! You have some nice looking young 'uns there.. sounds like a perfect weekend to me.
Bracing ourselves for the next Big One... :) -Tammy

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a beautiful visitor!!! I really need to get a bird feeder out here. I miss seeing birds!

ChicagoLady said...

Awww, how cute that daddy Cardinal knows where his food comes from. He was reminding you that he needed seed to fill his belly before the storm came.

Glad Dakota and Austin had fun playing outside at your house.

AliceKay said...

You have some great shots of that cardinal. I think he just wanted to be in a photo shoot so posed for you. :)

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm glad you did. *hugs*

jewelzmomof4 said...

Dakota had such a great time!!!! He loved coming over and getting snuggle time with you :)

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like you had a grand time (grand... get it?) :)

Its really amazing how fast them lil birdies can empty a feeder!