Friday, August 15, 2008

More meet me in St. Louis...

After spending the day at the Zoo, we headed to the Drury Inn. I like staying at Drury Inns. They have snacks at night (things like nachos, chip and dip, veggies, and popcorn), free drinks (3 per person), free soda and a pretty good hot breakfast. This particular Drury was only 6 months old, so everything was very clean and up-to-date.
All I wanted to do was kick back. The plan was to get our free drinks, soda for the kids, and snacks, and then head for the pool and hot tub - and that is exactly what we did. Later in the evening we ordered Pizza in.


Swimming fun - these two were like fish. Anna (the youngest) was more reserved.


I didn't know it was possible to enjoy Nachos quite this much!

We intended on heading home the next morning, but the girls talked us into taking a quick side trip to the Science Center. We figured two hours at the Science Center was better than nothing. First of all, let me tell you that two hours does not even begin to provide enough time for the Science Center! But, I am glad we went. The girls loved it. With a few exceptions, everything is free to see and do. The Science Center is such a learning experience. They have all these things to do, with explanations of why things happen the way they do. They have an awesome space section, meteorite, and so much more. Here are a few pictures:




The girls and me posing under a life size dinosaur

We wearily headed home. The best part of the trip was the girls were like sponges. They seemed to love everything we did and thanked us a million times for taking them with us. Now the challenge is finding things to do with the remaining 7 grandkids lol. Oh my, I think I'll sleep on that!

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like a cool place to visit. That's a great pic of the planetarium. And the pic of you with the girls is quite nice, too. :)

Intense Guy said...

Those Nachos must of been super-scrumptious! Nothing like a swim in a pool to get the appetite going.

Whew. Looks like one would need to plan on a couple weeks to see Saint Louis "properly"!

I remember only going up to the top of the Gateway Arch when I was there a long time ago - so I suspect I didn't see much on that trip. The botanical gardens look really nice. *goes into planing mode*

:)

Deanna said...

TY AK, I think you would enjoy it!
There is a lot to do in St. Louis. I've only touched on a few things during this trip. I took Jopete and Therese to the Gateway Arch and the Botanical Garden. It was the first time that Jopete used a wheelchair.
*helps iggy with his planning*

LadyStyx said...

What awesome pix. That one of the 3lil ones is absolutely priceless. Im with iggy...looks like one would need at least a two week trip there to see everything.

ChicagoLady said...

The Drury Inn sounds like an awesome place to stay. I don't know of any hotel that offers so much to the guests!

I'm glad you and the girls had fun, and I'm sure you'll have no problems thinking up things to do with the other seven grandkids.