Friday, December 19, 2008

Awards

I always feel like an imposter when I am told to grab an award. I'm like, no they can't mean me. I just type words, whine a bit, tell stories, and try to support the blogs I follow. I wish I had the time to follow more, but I'd rather have time to really read the blogs I follow and enjoy them. Anyway.....

I got three awards last week. In the order given, they are:

an angel

This award was awarded by The Wife O Riley (click on her image to the right to view her blog). She had been going through a really tough time. She initially didn't want to blog about it. So her awesome text messaging hubby, Matt, blogged about the problem. It turns out a friend of many years had turned on her. It all sucked. So then the blogger community offered support. I just happened to be one of them. It meant so much to her that she created the beautiful award. We are here for each other and when someone is hurting, then we support each other! Thank you Becky. Anyway, the next blog was an appreciation award from Wifey's hubby, Matt.

Hugs Award

Check out his site too, folks. He has an awesome sense of humor (click on my follower, My Side of the Story). Anyway, as I said, Wifey's hubby explained what had upset her. We offered support. And lo' and behold, another award! Dang I love those hugs. Thank you Matt.

Then out of the blue, the sweetest lady I know gave me another award! Tori gave me a Lemonade Award. How cool is that? Life gives you lemons and you make lemonade! I am honored to be considered worthy of this award too.

Lemonade Award

I just want to tell my blog friends, thank you for reading my blog and commenting. It means a lot to me. I try to keep things positive, but I also try to blog about what is going on with my life. Sometimes positive and what is going on doesn't jive. I want to be there for you and I thank you for being there for me!

Thank you for the awards!

6 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Congratulations! Who knew what it would lead to when we started these blogs!

The Wife O Riley said...

Absolutely well deserved on all counts!

I definitely hope I can be there for you as much as you were there for me.

Karla said...

You know we are always here for you :-)

Toriz said...

Congrats on the well deserved awards! :)

LadyStyx said...

Very well deserved! Congrats!!

Intense Guy said...

"Imposter"??!? Absolutely no way... You are a true friend Punkn... *Hugs ya tight*