Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday already?

I don't have much time to post today. This week has been insane and doesn't look like it is going to get any better as it goes along.
I laid awake stewing over an embroidery job last night and am kicking myself this morning for letting such a small thing keep me awake. I have one customer who always nit picks - and this time she had every right to. She had me put the name of their business on five shirts. Usually I make sure I ask what color thread they want used. For some reason this time I just assumed she wanted black thread. I have no idea where I got that idea, but I did. Well, she wanted brown thread (on a light green shirt). Yuck. But she is the customer and the customer is always right. She had gotten the shirts on sale at a real good price, so I can't go pick up identical shirts and replace them. She bought the last ones in the size she needs. I've decided to give her a catalog and let her pick out a shirt and replace the ones I screwed up that way. It will cost me a little, but in the long run we'll be come out ahead. I'll feel better and I'll have a happy customer.
The little old man from down the road who I blogged about a week or so stopped by last night for a visit. His ancestry is from Ireland, so he brought some Irish CD's by for us to listen to. I'm sure he is very lonely now that he has cut himself off from his family. I poured him a shot of Irish Whiskey and we sat and visited for an hour or so. I just marvel at the fact that anyone could possibly have declared this very sharp person incompetent!
Well off to right a wrong and to face another busy day! Have a good one y'all!

6 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Brown on a light green? *wrinkles nose* Now maybe a medium green or an olive shade but light? Good that you're making it right though, it's what keeps people coming back.

I suspect your new friend will be visiting quite often over the holidays. It's gonna be rough for him.

ChicagoLady said...

I agree with Styxie, brown on light green? Not my pick, but if it's what she wanted...

I think it goes to show how dedicated you are to your customers that you would pay for replacement shirts, at a loss to you, just to make the customer happy. Too bad we don't have more of you around.

That was really nice of you to sit and spend some time with your friend. I'm sure he appreciated it.

Toriz said...

I'm with Styxie and Chicago on her colour choices... However - as they said - if it's what she wants then who are we to judge?

It's a shame not all businesses are as dedicated to their customers as you are.

I'm glad you were able to offer the man some company. I'm sure he appreciates it.

AliceKay said...

The customer is "always right" even when they're wrong sometimes, but when you're in business, you have to cater to them even when at a loss to your company. We do it often. I guess that's one reason why our feed business is still around after 52 years. We don't need to advertise...we have word of mouth from satisfied customers who advertise for us. I hope the shirts met with your customer's approval once she saw them.

You sound like a great neighbor to have around. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

your friend sort of gives me the mental image of walter mathau or wimfred brimley or something... be cool to have a neighbor like that - to hear of the places he's been and things he's done.

maybe the brown on green lady had a dog poop fetish... but yeah - you do the best you can for the customer and things work out in the end :)

spacegirl60 said...

The customer is always right! It is better to do it her way anyway. Makes for better business in the long run.

Your neighbor is lonely and you are so sweet to be there for him. He's sweet on you too though! hehe