Sunday, November 30, 2008

Klutz and good food

I've had a really good day, even if I did fall on my ass this morning. We went to church this morning and stayed and visited with friends afterward. When we finally headed home I gave everyone a show and fell right off my shoes! Ouchie! I twisted my ankle and fell hard. That I could handle but I really didn't like the wet rump I ended up with or the show I gave the kids who happened to be outside at the time. Those kids were pretty sweet though and asked if I was ok as Jim hauled me back up and helped me to the car.
So, sore ankle and knee and me had to get ready for the kids coming out for a homemade pizza party. Jim was a big help but when it comes to the cooking, he is kind of a fish out of water. We have a deal. I cook and he cleans up. He definitely has the worst end of the deal - I'm a messy cook. Fortunately I had done a lot of the prep work yesterday, cooking the hamburger, italian sausage, & sausage yesterday and chopping the green onions, green pepper, and black olives yesterday too. I make my pizza dough from scratch - you know the kind that uses yeast - it is more work but it is SO worth it!
The kids and their families showed up around 1:30 and we visited and snacked for awhile. A couple of hours later I rolled out the dough. That is when the fun began. The kids "built" the pizza. Imagine a 3 year old, 2 five year olds, a 9 year old, and a 10 year old putting the toppings on pizza. Oh, yea and a screaming one year old in the background. At this point I was almost (but not quite) glad that Julie and her 4 kids didn't make it. I'm not too sure what we would have done with 4 more kids throwing toppings around. It was wild!
We chowed down on the best pizza in the whole world and then topped it off with hot brownies topped with vanilla icecream. YUM!
And now I am sitting with my bum foot propped up. The swelling isn't nearly as bad as I expected. What a wonderful day!

12 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

I hope your ankle is on the mend ASAP.

The pizza party sounds like a blast!! There is nothing in the world like homemade pizza.

ChicagoLady said...

Keep that ankle elevated and iced up. I hope it feels better soon.
Did you fall because of the weather?

Sounds like the kids had a lot of fun making the pizzas. And warm brownies for dessert?

*drools*

LadyStyx said...

*wanders in bearing a gift of a tub of IcyHot and slips on a patch of Chicago's drool*

ew

*laffz*
Sounds like everyone had a blast! Hope you feel better soon.

Toriz said...

Sounds like an awesome day!

AliceKay said...

Sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope it feels better soon.

The pizza party sounds like it was a lot of fun. Did you take some pics for us? :)

Intense Guy said...

*helps LadyStyx up...Oh no...I hope its not another sprained ankle!*

sexy41 said...

Hugs to you punkn, I hope your ankle gets better soon.

Sure sounds like the pizza party was a blast though. And the dessert. All sounded yummy and now I am hungry again.

Hugs

The Wife O Riley said...

Oh, I'm sorry you fell! I hope your feeling better soon.

My mom always made homemade pizza and let us make our own. She always made the crust and it is the best. I am going to get the recipe from her and start doing this with my kids.

Deanna said...

((((iggy!)))) Thanks - it is only tender and I'm tough :) It was a blast
((((Chicago))) I did exactly that once they all went home. I fell cuz I'm a klutz lol. The wet sidewalk didn't help anything though.
((((Styxy)))) rutro - I think I need to give that Icy Hot back to you.
((((Tori))) Thanks hun.
((((AK)))) As unbelievable as it it, I have no pictures. The camera battery wasn't charged. I did take videos and might be able to post some of that once I get around to getting it out of the camera. *Adds that to my list*
(((((Wifey))))) Thanks and you definitely need to get that recipe! I will share mine if anyone wants it. Some of my kids' greatest memories revolve around homemade pizza parties and the tradition lives on!

Kaylee said...

you ok?

Deanna said...

Huggsssss Kalee. I am fine - not even limping anymore.

Kaylee said...

thanks im hanging in there!