Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dolce Vita Ristorante

a picture of the owner of Dolce Vita Ristorante
We were invited to a "small get together" tonight. OK, I like free food and good conversation, so we said alright!
What we didn't know was this "small get together" was 100 or so people and the food was catered by the owner of a renowned Boston Italian Restaurant - Dolce Vita Ristorante www.dolcevitaristorante.com .I kid you not! The Graceffa family were visiting Jim's boss and decided to treat his family and friends. There were 14 of them in all - some from Boston and some from Michigan. The owner of Doce Vita Ristorante, Franco, MC'd the event. They had an 82 year old accordian player and singer, Antonio. He was walking around and singing to all the ladies. I put my hand over my heart (be still my heart). He was so cute - in an 80+ year old way... They were talking about the fact that he was in a movie many years ago. The movie was call The Stiff or something like that and it was about a funeral home. I've searched the web and haven't found anything about it. I take my camera everywhere. I keep it in my car. So, where was my camera tonight? In my car. What did we drive? Jim's truck (sigh). Oh well.
We had a really good time and the food was soooo good! We had salad, Italian sausage, pasta and the most wonderful meatballs I have ever tasted. I didn't know very many people there because they were mostly people Jim work with, but it was a great opportunity to meet some interesting people. (burp) Oh, excuse me! lol did I mention that the food was great?

9 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Sounds wonderful! I love me some fine Italian food.

Intense Guy said...

The food on the plate looks delicious! Buon appetito!

Sounds like you had a blast! LOL@you burping.

Karla said...

Wow Great food :-) sounds like fun!

Toriz said...

Sounds like a fantastic evening! :)

ChicagoLady said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend an evening. Italians sure know how to cook, eh?

Sounds like what I'd do with my camera, keep it where it's handy, then not have it just when I need it most, lol.

MarmiteToasty said...

oh my..... sounds like a great evening..... ya lucky cow LOL

x

Maki said...

Awww that sounds soooooo delicious!!

I love good food, especially Italian food since my hubs is Italian:)

Thank you so much for stopping by. Stay in touch:)

xo

The Wife O Riley said...

Man that food looks and sounds great! Glad you had a wonderful evening.

AliceKay said...

Yes, it sure sounds like you had a wonderful time. And yep, I think you did mention that the food was great. :)