Sunday, November 2, 2008

Last minute plans = relaxation

We had no plans for this weekend, so we invited our friends over for Saturday night supper. They were like, well we are going to the Lake - why don't you just join us... Oh gosh, I don't know... Do I want to go relax on the water and not cook? Let me think about this... LOL we said YES! So I baked an awesome homemade cherry pie - I swear, it was awesome! and we headed for the Lake. Patti had a big pot of chili ready. The weather was amazingly warm during the day and at night we built a fire in the fire pit. It was so relaxing.

fluffy clouds of all colors - the kind you can see pictures in

I took this picture of clouds on our way to the Lake. I thought for sure I'd see some kind of picture but my imagination must be dead tonight. Do you see a picture in the clouds?

homes one on top of the other at the Lake of the  Ozarks

The Lake of the Ozarks used to be dotted with cabins here and there. Now there are homes builts one on top of the other.


a home built on the edge of the shoreline. The ground underneath the foundation is severely eroded

This is a classic example of haste makes waste or working dumb or... I'm not sure what. But these folks have got to be sick right now, seeing the foundation eroding right out from under their foundation!

8 comments:

LadyStyx said...

I love that first picture. It's almost as though the clouds are cradling the sun with loving care.

Is it me, or have there been an abundance of awesome pictures today??

ChicagoLady said...

I too love the first picture. I saw many things in the clouds, and I never used to be able to. I saw an upside down horse, a fish, a girl holding hands with someone who was upside down (like she was twirling them around).

The last few days have been beautiful here too. I've really been enjoying it.

AliceKay said...

Loved the pics, Punkn. I'm glad to hear you had such a nice weekend. :)

Toriz said...

Glad you had such a nice weekend. Is there any cherry pie left? If not, can you bake another one and send it over here? The only cherry pies I've had lately have been shop brought. Don't get me wrong, that place does sell great pies, but it's not the same as a proper home-made pie, is it?

Deanna said...

Oh I see it Styxie!
And I see the upside down horse too Chicago. I used to be able to see these things so much clearer when I was a child...
Thank you AK - It was one of the good ones.
Ahhhh Tori. I wish I could send you a proper home made cherry pie. This one was especially good because it was made of tart cherries off my very own cherry tree.

Intense Guy said...

I am reminded of a Bloom County comic strip of many years ago where Michael Binkley and Milo Bloom are in the meadow looking upwards at a cloud and Binkley says, "Oh! Milo, I see a dog! What do you see?" And Milo replies, "I see the seven horses of the Apocalypse and the sacking of the Library in Alexandria, and..." (He goes on for about 4 panels) and you see Blinkey getting more and more worried about his inability to see this stuff. Finally, in the last panel, Milo says, "Nah... all I see is a dog."

I see the remains of all the halloween jack-o-lanterns being collected up into sky to create the Great Pumpkin - the brilliant sunlight replacing the flickering candles.

Deanna said...

LOL at the comic strip. I like the jack-o-lantern image.
Ok, I've looked again and I see a Great White Whale jumping up through the cloud opening.

Toriz said...

That's OK, Punkn. I know it wouldn't survive the trip... And if it did it wouldn't be all that fresh any more anyway. Thanks anyway. :)