Thursday, November 13, 2008

Po-Ke-No


Once a month I get together with 6 to 8 friends and play Po-Ke-No. Everyone gets a card with pictures of miscellaneous cards from a deck of cards on it. Each player takes turns calling the cards from a deck of cards. A player gets chips based on combinations of cards called or getting the Pokeno, which is 5 cards in a row (two chips for that!) Other combinations are a postage stamp (4 in the corner), first person to get center gets a chip, 4 of a kind, 4 corners, and.... well you get the idea. Anyway, I call it glorified Bingo. It takes a little more thinking than Bingo but not a lot and there is no skill (other than watching your card). We rotate from house to house each month and the hostess fixes lots of goodies. All in all it is just fun to kick back and laugh and share fun stories. Oh, did I mention that we all kick in $5 at the beginning of the game? And then the top three winners get a share of the pot. And for the first time - I WON! Number one!!! lol I came home with a whopping $15 - $5 of which was my own to start with.

10 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

Sounds like a fun time! Congratulations on your big win. What will you do with all that loot?

LadyStyx said...

I think she needs to get a gift for SugarBush....lure her outta hiding.

AliceKay said...

Woohoo.....you won! Sounds like a fun time is had by all when you get together for Po-Ke-No.

Intense Guy said...

These advanced 'card games' always make me feel like I've just flunked an IQ test - It would probably take me weeks of 24/7 training to learn this one. And I'd need retraining each month when I played!

:)

Congrats on the win!! Lets see.. you know you have send Uncle Sam about $3.75 right? LOL

Deanna said...

LMAO Iggy, if I won this money after January I'd have to give each of you 50 cents under the redistribution of wealth act.
Styxy check out Sugar Bush,,,
We do have one lady who "just doesn't get it". We watch her card for her and call it out when she wins something lol.

Sugar Bush said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sugar Bush said...

Thank you Punkn. You are soooooo sweet!!!!!
*scampers away munching on acorns*

Deanna said...

(((Chicago))) Don't tell anyone but I'm not really going to give Sugar anything. I'm going to take Jim out for Pizza.
(((Styxy))) Done deal! (don't read what I wrote to Chicago)lol
(((AK))) It really is fun unless someone starts getting serious about winning, then its not near as much fun
(((Iggy)))We'd have to come up with something much more difficult for you - you'd fall asleep out of boredom.
(((Sugar))) Virtual money is easy - just let me know when you run out. Anyone else need any?????

Toriz said...

Congrats on the win... $10 extra's not to be sneezed at. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

Im not any good with card games...... only one I can play is 'snap' LOL

x