Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just because

I don't really have anything to post, but I feel like writing, so here I am :)

In reality it am avoiding the unavoidable. I have an embroidery job going that should be a piece of cake. It is a very simple design on a hat. It just happens to be my company logo placed on the hats of a bowling team I sponsor (hubby's team, of course). Anyway, I popped out to The Loft after church this morning thinking I'd stitch those hats out in short order. So I set it up, hit the start button, the machine starts chugging to the right thread, the needle goes down to stitch and THUNK. Ut oh. OK, so maybe I have the brim of the hat in a bind against the machine, which would put the needle in a bind and cause it to break. So I check that out. Man, it sure looks good. So I try again - THUNK. Crap! Two needles down and the machine is not liking the abuse at all. So I change the thread placement to another area of the machine, realign the hat, hold my breath, hit start and THUNK. Double crap!

So now I have redone the design a bit and made it smaller. I dread loading it on the machine and hearing thunk again. But I'm a positive thinking person and once I quit procrastinating and get my butt back up to The Loft and try again it is going to stitch out like a dream. Really it is.... and if it doesn't, Marmie will probably hear my scream in the UK and Ausie will hear me Down Under!
company logo of 4 D's entertwined with each other to make a square of D's

Here is the design. The colors I'm using are nature colors because it is being stitched on a camo hat. If you look closely at the logo you will notice that it is D's interlocking with each other. The reason for that is the D's in Deanna's Designs :)
Now, back to work and IT WILL WORK! (Please, please, please...)
teddy bear wearing baseball hat with the DD logo stitched on it

It worked! One dozen hats later, I'm back to finish the post. Jim wouldn't pose for me, so I enlisted my buddy bear to do it for me (I'm going to just have to get a squirrel stuffie for such things lol)

8 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

I hope it worked! I'm assuming no updates to this post means it did work?

LadyStyx said...

*awaits the answer to Chicago's question*

Toriz said...

Either it worked or you didn't scream loud enough to be heard over here in Wales. ;)

Deanna said...

LOL you brought me good luck! Good thing I didn't have to frighten you with my scream, Tori.

Intense Guy said...

That's a really cool logo Punkn!

I didn't hear any scream here, but I thought I heard this "mutter plucker" a while ago... maybe it was just the wind in the chimney though.

AliceKay said...

Great job, Punkn. So glad the machine finally cooperated for you.

LMAO, Iggy. I wondered what I was hearing today. Terri and I sit here laughing now. LOL

Deanna said...

LOL at mutter plucker

Toriz said...

Glad the machine finally decided to work for you. :)