Tuesday, March 30, 2010

HOW TO STAY YOUNG!

I received an email from my friend, Rita the other day.  Since I’d seen it before, I read it, smiled and went on my way.

But now, since I’ve gone back to re-read it three or four time, just so I could smile again, I decided I needed to make you smile too!

It is sunny and supposed to be warm here today.  God is good! Life is good!  So, get out there and enjoy life!!!!

1.  Try everything twice.

On one woman's tombstone she said she wanted this epitaph:

"Tried everything twice - loved it both times!"

!cid_F75B5A1DDE7A4C459D4D57830E06273B@DFX3FCC1

2.  Keep only cheerful friends.

The grouches pull you down.

(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)

!cid_C4CAC93230074FB593614A50375D48C9@DFX3FCC1

3. Keep learning:

Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever...

Never let the brain get idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

4. Enjoy the simple things.

!cid_D9A34B78B87F45FB975F00864E6BB42E@DFX3FCC1

5. Laugh often, long and loud.

Laugh until you gasp for breath.

And if you have a friend who makes you laugh,

spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.

!cid_2822C9617CC24281A1F2769989DBF21A@DFX3FCC1

6. The tears happen:

Endure, grieve, and move on.

The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.

LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love:

Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.

Your home is your refuge.

!cid_E341D00432A6402ABA463FDC6518707D@DFX3FCC1

8. Cherish your health:

If it is good, preserve it.

If it is unstable, improve it.

If it is beyond what you can improve, get help...

9. Don't take guilt trips.

Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county,

to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

!cid_F9BF9C4F81E5439C9C2B975224870114@DFX3FCC1

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

I love you, my special friends.


!cid_055BA2E2263E4BE9AC44FD77FC58483D@DFX3FCC1

11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second chance...

!cid_BF2EDE82B0BD447497163A08046EBDE8@DFX3FCC1 - Copy

      

Remember! Lost time can never be found.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

11 comments:

Leah said...

That's really cute and such a true lesson in life.

Intense Guy said...

:)

I do enjoy the simple things...

Love you too, Punkn!

AliceKay said...

Wonderful post. (i can be a grouch at times)

We have nasty weather today. It's a real mess out there right now. We have sleet/rain/snow coming down very hard. It's mostly sleet...lots of ice and very windy. :(

Queenie Jeannie said...

We love you too!!

This was fabulous and I loved all the matching pictures too!!!

Alice Kay is being silly and we don't believe the "grouch" thing!

betty said...

what a sweet thing to post and it did make me smile! I have to remember that about the guilt trips, I tend to take those more often than I should (I think I racked up a lot of frequent flier miles with it, LOL); I'm going to try to avoid those in the future :)

betty

Corinne Rodrigues said...

What a lovely mail - and such cute graphics too - thanks for sharing!
C

Rural Rambler said...

All 11 are great words of wisdom! It really is all about the simple things :) I think I'll print them out! Thanks Deanna.

Toriz said...

Great post! Thanks for the share! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved this and thanks for sharing it with us.

MarmiteToasty said...

This is a wonderful post...... love you to...

x

LadyStyx said...

Jeannie's right, Alice aint the grouch (I am).

This was a cute post, thanks for the share.

Loving the new decor. Havent seen anything in the comments yet so Im sure it was probably done sometime later than this post. However, since Im so woefully behind.... I'm sure I'll get to the comments eventually!