Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What was I thinking Wednesday

I wasn’t going to do a what was I thinking post this week.  A Memphis post is calling me!  But Julie and her boys were out last night, and she convinced me that Wednesday is Wednesday, and a promise is a promise.  Besides, she likes to laugh at with me.

So once again, I will share with the world exactly how much of a ditz I can be.

WHAT WAS I THINKING…

I cannot roll my tongue.  It seems the whole rest of the world can.  And when my family gets bored, they invariably start a tongue rolling contest.  That always leads to a challenge to me to roll mine.  And I can’t do  it! 

Last night it happened again.  They started the disgusting tongue rolling thing.  What they didn’t know is that my Oncologist and I had gotten into a discussion about tongue rolling (she can’t do it either) and she said it was not something learned but rather you could either do it or couldn’t.  It is hereditary.  And I didn’t inherit it!  So I attempted to tell this to my tongue rolling fools.

Unfortunately what I said, though, was that I was talking to my GYNEcologist about it…  well the imaginations took over and the conversation went swiftly down hill from there.

--------------------------------------------

And here’s one from my not too distant past.

I am an avid coffee drinker.  Most of you know that I run a part time embroidery business out of the upstairs of our garage.  Since it is part time, it is sometimes days, or even weeks with the shop (I refer to it as the loft) closed up.

One day I headed to the loft to work, and was greeted by a decidedly unpleasant odor when I opened the door.  Hmmmm…  I looked around and didn’t see anything wrong.  I went about my business, with my senses on high alert.  I finally spotted my very tall coffee cup sitting on the cutting table.  It had mold in it.  Wow.  Could mold really smell that bad.  I picked the cup up to throw the stinkin’ coffee away.  It sure was heavy.  That is when I saw it.  A mouse had crawled into the cup, couldn’t get back out, and had died.  Serves him right for drinking  my coffee.

Memphis and Uncle Cy posts up soon!

14 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Oh goodness. LOL - this should have been titled what was that mouse thinking?

:)

Oh.. by the way I can roll my tongue. Just thought you might like to know that.

Janet said...

Oh that mouse thing is horrifying!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Great! Well not so good for Moldy Mouse but I'm laughin' my socks off anyway.

May I brag just a little??? I can not only roll my tongue, I can whistle Yankee Doodle through it. I know, I know...talk about talent! Heeeheeehe!

God bless and have a marvelous day!!!

Funny in My Mind said...

I can roll my tongue. Ha!
Poor mousie!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Rolling your tongue. Funny do you know how many people were trying it as they read your blog? Too funny . . .oh yes I was one of them too.

As for the mouse, what a way to die, full of caffeine!

Jim's Mom was clapping to the Gonder band this afternoon. She was liking the music.

AliceKay said...

That poor mouse. LOL

(i can roll my tongue, too)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow the poor lil mouse, and don't feel bad hubby can't roll his tongue either and I sometimes tease him too lol

betty said...

can't roll my tongue here either. oh my gosh, that mouse!!! I hope he enjoyed some of the benefits of caffeine before it did him in. (How's it going on the South Beach Diet?? Hubby has lost over 13 pounds on it, I know I've lost weight but I'm not ready to get on the scale :)

betty

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ewwwwww!!! Yucky!!

I think I would have been "off" coffee for a longgggggg time, lol!

Ausgrl said...

Sorry, I can roll my tongue as well but my mother cant.
Why mice shouldnt become addicted to caffeine a lesson learned for the mice population of the world.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Mom is Sis Cardwell, Room 29. she is the one usually helping others walk or go outside. She is very active.

Together We Save said...

Oh my!! Gross!

ChicagoLady said...

I remember as a child, when I realized I could roll my tongue, that one of your parents has to be able to do it too. My did could, but my mom couldn't. I think my sister can too. Weird.

Moldy mouse, lol. I probably would have thrown the coffe cup away. Don't think I could ever drink from it again, knowing a mouse died in it. Ewwwwwwwwww

Toriz said...

I can't do the tongue thing either.

See, caffine really is bad for you!