Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Will I ever learn Wednesday

The ditzometer was running pretty low this week.  That’s a good thing.

But I’m not the only ditzy one in this world, so I’m going to include a few on others, along with myself, in this posting.

-----------------------------------------------

As most of you know, I am a “church lady”, working part time in our church office.  So here are a couple of church funnies: 

One afternoon our deacon stopped in, just to chit chat.  I asked him if he had scheduled the Baptism Class yet that I had asked for.  He snapped his fingers and said, “I knew there was a reason I was avoiding you!”

My biggest fear is one day showing up in the Church Bulletin Bloopers.  No matter how hard I try not to, I make lots of mistakes.  Mistakes like, for Catholic Center, I typed Cathaholic Center.  Fortunately, I’ve caught the worst of them (so far…) 

We have one guy who lovesd to point out each and every above mentioned mistake to me.  One Sunday morning, I had my fill of his good intentions.  I calmly took his bulletin from him, crossed through the mistake with my trusty little pen, and handed it back to him and said, “There ya go, it’s fixed”. 

One of our parishioners called me at home.  I answered the phone.  She said (and I quote) “Oh, I didn’t expect you to be there!”  A line from the movie Pretty Woman immediately came to mind:  “Well then stop calling me!”

----------------------------------------------

That’s it for this week!  It is drop dead gorgeous outside today.  Heading out to play in the dirt.  Have a wonderful rest of the week!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous here too! In the 70's and headed into the 80's for the next 3 days. Enjoy your Easter week-end!

Di

Unknown said...

Yes, I have read a lot of bloopers in church bulletins and on their signs. They are usually taken in fun but wouldn't want to be the one responsible.
You commented on my blog and I do hope some time you get to come to Warsaw to the Saltbox. It is so fun to meet fellow bloggers.

katie

AliceKay said...

I took a double take when your page opened and I saw a different looking blog looking back at me. (or else my internet is totally messing with my head tonight)

I thought what the deacon said to you was pretty funny. LOL

It turned out to be a nice afternoon here, warming up into the 60s. What a difference 24 hours can make. Yesterday was down right nasty here, and the ice and snow caused lots of accidents all over the roads. The 70s are to arrive tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait. :)

Intense Guy said...

Whoa... someone was remodeling!!!

..and it looks nice!

So YOU are the one that makes all those Church Bulletin bloopers you see in the forwarded e-mails from time to time huh? ;)

Anonymous said...

HA! LOVE THOSE!!! I think that those that make mistakes are the most fun of all people....so, you and I are REALLY FUN! :)

betty said...

love the new blog look! too cute with wondering about Bulletin Bloopers; because of the nature of my work, I catch typos and some are too cute. I remember years ago a fellow worker was typing up minute meetings. One of the topics was about the bazaar at the hospital but she typed it up as bizarre. We all got a good laugh :)

betty

Toriz said...

LOL!


I've had a good week... No fluffy head moments that I can remember. ;)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Great comeback, girl! Aren't ya just baskin' in this glorious weather???

God bless and have the best day!!!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Do you watch RFD TV? there is a show on there, Larry's Country diner. Nadine visits and talks abaout the church secretary and all the mistakes on the bulletin. Too funny, I'm hoping it's not you.
Have a great Easter.

Rural Rambler said...

The church bloopers are fun. Oh man I'd be obsessing over that job :) The guy that points out every little thing would be a nightmare. The new blog redecoration is cool!!

Anonymous said...

I am just waiting for one on me to show up! I read this with anticipation and dread all at once. I don't think you've told the whole Wendy's/Dairy Queen one yet!

Love ya!

Tess

Queenie Jeannie said...

Very funny!!

I love your new blog look - awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun in the dirt I sure love playing in the dirt also!!

MarmiteToasty said...

I love all bloopers lol

x