Friday, July 16, 2010

Chinese Slaw

It is mighty frustrating when the mind wants to go, go, go and the body says whoah, whoah, whoa. Lupus has been raising its ugly head these past few weeks, slowing me down considerably. Oh well, it could be worse.

Here's a recipe I mentioned in my 5th of July blog. It is a refreshingly sweet and crunchy version of coleslaw. I hope you enjoy it.

CHINESE SLAW

1 pkg. cut-up slaw
2 pkgs. Ramen Beef flavored noodles (broken up)
1 cup sliced almonds
2 bunches green onions (chopped)
1 cup sunflower seeds (optional) - I used pine nuts (yum!)

Mix and add the following salad dressing:

Mix together 2/3 cup sugar, 1 cup oil, 1/3 cup white vinegar, 2 pkgs. flavoring from Ramen noodles.

Hope everyone is staying cool and has a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it would make a yummy snack.

Di

Intense Guy said...

:(

*Hugs ya tight*

I hope you feel better soonest and I wish there was a way for you to beat Lupus - you beat Cancer... maybe we only get one "beat evil disease of your choice" card in life.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I make that all the time, but have always used red vinegar. Ya think it makes a difference? I will try white next time.
Hope you get to feeling better, this weather isn't helping much!

Funny in My Mind said...

Sounds delish!
One of our customers has lupus and she really has some bad days but she also has very good ones.
Here's to only good days coming your way!

betty said...

so sorry about your lupus and not feeling well lately, Deanna :(

not fun to deal with especially in the summer heat and also opportunities for summer fun

that slaw though looks delicious! thanks for posting the recipe

betty

Anonymous said...

That does sound yummy except for the onions :o) I might have to try that one day thanks for sharing it. I didn't know you had Lupus and Im sorry it is bugging you these days, I sure hope you have a good weekend HUGS

AliceKay said...

I was reading an article on WebMD this morning before I left for work that listed the symptoms of Lupus. (odd coincidence, i guess) One of my cousin has it, and she has had some terrible bouts with it over the years. I hope you get to feeling chipper again soon.

*hugs*

tattytiara said...

That is enormously frustrating when you're mentall psyched and physically fatigued. Hope that stupid lupus leaves you alone and lets you get back to the business of living large soon!

Vicki Lane said...

That sounds like a nice summertime treat!

Rita said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Chronic illnesses are no fun. :(

Toriz said...

Hope you feel better soon. *Hugs*

Rural Rambler said...

Deanna sorry to hear that Lupus is trying to intimidate you. I am betting on you to kick Lupus out the back door! Take care of yourself and rest :) We love Chinese Slaw with sunflower seeds and I can't keep from going to the fridge and standing there with a fork. We didn't do a very good job of staying cool today, it was HOT in CoMo!!!