Friday, July 2, 2010

Smile and the world smiles with you…

Allen is one of those kids whose smile goes on forever.

allen in bathtub
Even under this bath bubbles, the smile shines through!  Can you see a “The Bathroom is Done” post coming soon?  Allen is the 4th (of this family) to take a bath in our “new” tub.  First was little ol’ me.  Second was the guy who toiled and labored over the entire project.  Third was demon dog Whiskey. 
We smiled through walks outside.  We smiled through breakfast at 9:30 at night (shhhhh don’t tell mom and dad).
 
006
  We smiled through rounding up a ram for slaughter.
We smiled as Allen and Grandpa sang silly/country songs all the way to Russelville locker.

047

  We smiled through naming our new kitten Tyrone.  Allen suggested Tiger, but we decided that name was overused.  So Tyrone he is.  Thanks for getting this little gem of a kitten for us Greg and Alicia.

026

We smiled over a tiny little ice cream cone at Central Dairy – the best ice cream parlor in the State of Missouri

049

We smiled when for the first time ever it clicked with Allen that we actually live in a log house.  He was like “wow”! 

We were like wow – we are so lucky.  Thanks to Allen, we are still… well, we are SMILING! 
For more smiles, click the slide show.  You’ll be glad you did.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: A day with Allen
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This slideshow made with Smilebox



15 comments:

Funny in My Mind said...

I thought of you when we went to O'Fallon to pick up a funnel cake fryer yesterday.
We went through some German towns and saw some beautiful landscape.
I think we will need to take a road trip that way some time.
I can see how nice the bathroom is turning out.
Cutie pie grandson.
Sad for the ram.

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I love the black and white pictures at Central Dairy!!

Toriz said...

Smiles are always good! :)

AliceKay said...

Allen sure was full of smiles, and I bet Grandma was full of smiles when she put together that little slide show. :) I loved it.

The bathroom preview looked great. Can't wait to see pics of the finished project.

Cute kitten. One of the feed mill kittens looks just like it. :)

By the way, I loved how the pictures changed into the beautiful colors in your slide show. Very nice.

Hope you're having a great day today.

Intense Guy said...

Wow.. that big green ice cream cone made me smile toooooooo!

:)

Way cool slide show! I bet you smiled while looking at each shot to put in it!

betty said...

smiling as I shared your time with Allen!!! sounds like it was a great day together!! love the ice cream; I think I would have definitely smiled over that :)

glad to hear the bathtub has been used!! I'm sure you are glad the project is complete (or nearly complete :)

betty

Anonymous said...

I smiled while looking at your smiling pictures, I want one of those kitties!! and I definately want one of those ice cream cones LOL

Rita said...

That was one huge ice cream cone!
The smiles spread all the way up to Fargo.
:):)

Vicki Lane said...

Allen looks like a sweetheart!

Parsley said...

I read on Anne's blog you might want to join the recipe exchange. Goody!

Here's the link:

http://seasonsofmymind.blogspot.com/2010/06/around-world-recipe-exchange.html

betty said...

Deanna, I didn't have your email address but I know how to un-follow a blog so thought I would leave you a comment and then you can reject the comment (LOL) it won't bother me but at least you'll know how to un-follow a blog. Go on your Dashboard through Blogger and at the bottom of the list of blogs you follow, there should be a button that says "manage". Click on that and it will give you all your blogs you follow on another page. It will show you how many followers the blogs have. It should also say if you want to un-follow the blogs next to each of them (I think that is what it says). Anyway, just click that on and it will ask you if you want to un-follow and of course you say "yes" if you do and click again and that should take care of the problem. Also, if you click on the follow button of a particular blog you are following, it will tell you something like "you are currently following this blog" and I think it then gives you an option to un-follow that way too. Hope this helps :)

betty

Steve Skinner said...

That sure is one great looking ice cream cone. I'll bet that Allen really enjoyed it!

Rural Rambler said...

That Smilebox video is very cool Deanna and Alan is a sweetie. I love his orange kitten Tyrone and the shot of him in your tub with bubbles on his face :) You are so right about Central Dairy, good any day but boy it screams summer! Sweet post, the music on the slide show is cool too!

AliceKay said...

I love the picture of your grandkids in your header. Very nice. :)

Missouri Gal said...

Love the bubble beard! Too Cute! And Central Dairy is so tasty!!! If I ever moved away from Cental MO, I'd miss that the most about JC.