Thursday, July 8, 2010

Safe Sex

I’ve kind of abandoned my “Will I Ever Learn Wednesday” posts.  I still do crazy things that make people stop and scratch their heads in disbelief, but I’m not very good at any kind of structure.  I’ve found that a weekly post becomes a burden, rather than fun.  That doesn’t mean, though, that I’m not going to poke fun at myself (or those around me) occasionally.  Here’s proof.

Please keep in mind that I am telling this story at the risk of having the rater gods swoop in and label my sweet innocent blog as something other than G or GP.  But I’m going to take that risk.

It was one of those crazy days.  Hurry up!  Get ready to go.  My goal was to get my house “dead ready” or as picked up as possible before heading.

I hurriedly made the bed.  As I headed to the next task, I noticed a couple of stuffed sheep sitting on the bedroom chair.  Since I sometimes throw them on the bed, I grabbed them and tossed them up there, nice and tidy like and “whirl winded” on to the next task (whirlwind is what Jim calls me when I get like this).

It wasn’t long before I heard this howl of laughter coming out of the bedroom.  What now?  He man was doubled over in laughter at what he saw.  What do you think?

our bedroom   Everything look ok to you?  Let’s take a closer look….

 

Two sheep looking like they are "getting it on"

Oh my.  The Marvin Gay song, “Let’s Get It On” immediately came to mind.

Once I recovered from my fits of laughter, I separated the two love birds to their respective places.

The two sheep separated

If I allowed smoking in my house, I’m pretty sure these two would each have a cig in their little hoofs.

20 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

OMG, the title drew me in right away. Looks like you could have been back in the sheep business real quick.
Your bedroom looks beautiful! I love the bare windows!

Intense Guy said...

Hmmm..... and they use sheepskin for... well... making "safe sex" items... *blush*...

I wonder how that works...

AliceKay said...

LOL...too cute.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Well, you sure know how to title your posts.. lol! That is toooo funny and cute. Love it! Thanks for the smile today :) -Tammy

Anonymous said...

HA! Those darned stuffed animals are just sex fiends aren't they? Maybe you should throw them in the closet with the lights off so they can have a bit of privacy. LOL

Di

Anonymous said...

This post was good for my soul LOL that is just too funny and how cute the couple are too. Thanks so much for the laugh I needed it big time :o)

I also have to say your bedroom is absolutely gorgeous what I saw of it I am in love with the bedspread!

I hope your week has been good and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

betty said...

LOL!! I bet you could never duplicate that again as you threw them on the bed. Too cute!!! You ruined their morning I do believe when you separated them.

betty

Unknown said...

So funny, yes the title caught my eye. Had to see what it was all about. So where was my mind?
Beautiful bedroom.

Toriz said...

LOL! Now those are baaad sheep! ;)

jewelzmomof4 said...

LOL that is too funny!!!!! BTW everyone I think my parents have a beautiful bedroom also!! Of course I think their whole house is BEAUTIFUL inside and out!!

Funny in My Mind said...

Holy crap you made me laugh!
Let's Get It On is the ringtone on my cell when my hubby calls.
His idea? Yes, but it makes people at Walmart (and work)laugh every time he calls.
Love the blog title.
If you have a hankering for a funnel cake, come on over tonight or tomorrow......the fair ends Sat.

Vicki Lane said...

Hilarious!

tattytiara said...

I'm not sure what two consenting stuffed sheep do in the privacy of their bedroom is any of our business, but it was definitely a good giggle!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

too funny.

Tonia said...

HAAHHAHA!! That was great!

Teri said...

What a riot! You cracked me up.

Cheyenne said...

You are funny!

I LOVE your bedroom......the bedding is just gorgeous. I've been taking a look at the pics on your blog and love stuff in your home-the claw foot tub is a beauty!

Rita said...

So funny! What were the odds of them landing just like that--hehe! ;)

Rural Rambler said...

Deanna you are too too funny! Cracks me up this morning :)

Diana Ferguson said...

Enjoyed a first visit. Following....

Come see me soon!