Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's in the air...

You might ask, "What's in the air?"

Is it pollin?  Or maybe that four letter word L O V E?  Or holiday cheer?

I woke up this morning in a rotten mood.  I had not slept well, needed to help my brother work through the complications of credits for tech support that hadn't supported his computer problems, and charges for the support that was good, and then deciding on a new computer since the final answer was that the mother board on his old computer had thrown craps.  (How's that for a run-on sentence...)  Never mind the fact that I thought my own lap top had died.  Yet when I took it in to have it looked at it booted up just fine.  I get it back tomorrow, having opted to have some maintenance done on the ol' gal.

So what is in the air?  Well, I'm convinced this blustery day blew KINDNESS my way.  It was in the air all around me.  Even though I was a grumpy gus, everybody else was smiling, patient, holding doors, saying "have a good day", and just generally being nice!  I couldn't help but be nice back.  By the time I got home this afternoon, I actually had a smile on my face and was humming a tune.

So tomorrow when I wake up in a good mood (instead of the bad mood of today), I'm going to remember to share my smile with the first grumpy gus I run across.  Because I was reminded today what I already knew, smiles are contageous.  I might even hold open a door or two.

9 comments:

ChicagoLady said...

I'm sorry you woke up in a rotten mood, but glad it had improved by the afternoon. I'm thinking it might be the crappy weather we've had this week. I wasn't in the best of moods this morning, but was in a much better mood this afternoon. Ok, I'll admit it, I was a grumpy gus! But what's the opposite of that?

AliceKay said...

Sorry to hear about your rotten mood and your brother's computer problems, but I'm glad to hear your laptop will be just fine once you get her back from the tune-up man.

The weather has been beautiful here the past couple of days. Can't help but smile when you feel that warm sunshine.

I had a guy hold a door open for me today, and I smiled and told him thank you. When I held a door open for a couple of women (younger than me), I didn't even get a thank you. :\

Hope you have a great tomorrow! :D *hugs*

betty said...

Good reminder for us to be pleasant and kind to those we encounter, not knowing what they might be going through or thinking at that particular moment! Sorry the day started off rough for you, Deanna, but it did seem like it ended well! Hope sleep doesn't elude you tonight! And computer woes! We love them when they work, and are so distressed when they give any indications they won't work. What would we do without them?

betty

Cheryl @ TFD said...

It must be something in the air! I was in Columbia today and I thought that people were smiling more and friendlier than usual! No kidding! Glad you got your smile back this afternoon. :D

Rita said...

Love-love-love this post!!! So very true!! Spread the smiles and kindness. It is contagious. :):)

Intense Guy said...

Sometimes a bit of fresh air can do a person wonders. :)

Hugs.

Hmm... Chicago has a good question, what's the opposite of Grumpy Gus? Smilin' Sally? Laughin' Larry? Jolly Jill?

Goodness... not know this will drive me Insane Iggy!

AliceKay said...

LOL @ Iggy.

Deanna...let me see that smile. :)

Toriz said...

Good post!

Not good that you were feeling that way, but good how the world reminded you to smile! :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

What an awesome post!! AND a great reminder!! HUGS!!