Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Barn Charm

It has been quite awhile since I have participated in Barn Charm.  Missouri's landscape is dotted with barns - some in great shape, but sadly, many sagging with old age and neglect.  Today's barn is a drive-by shooting from our recent trip to Chamois.  It is the proud owner of a salvage yard and antique cars.  The owner is a distant relative of Jim's.  I've seen his cars in some of the local antique car shows, and let me tell you, they are works of art.

 
So how about it.  Head on over to Bluff Area Daily and check out all of the other barns from around the world. 
 
I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.  The Missouri temperatures are still in the upper 60's.  We have been promised rain - thunderstorms to be exact.  Since the drought has continued through the winter, we will gladly and pleadingly take that promise of rain.  Tomorrow's forecast?  Why snow, of course!
 

 

16 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Why I believe I have been pass that barn myself!

Don't know what I like the best, old cars or old barns!

Stay safe! CrAzY Mo weather!

jewelzmomof4 said...

:) I remember that place!!!! I didn't know he had cars in the antique car shows though. That is so cool...unfortunately my boys and Doug don't like those car shows like I do....they will go but only like the old muscle cars...I LOVE them ALL!!!!! Always have and always will...I loved going to those car shows with Dad. Love the barn BTW :)

betty said...

Looks like the barn is put to good use too! Enjoy the nice weather while you can Deanna :)

betty

Queenie Jeannie said...

I've missed your barn photos!! Another fabby one this time too. You live in such a wonderful part of the country! HUGS!

Mari said...

Great old barn and I really like those bonus cars!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Oh I like this one- and the cars too! I could spend a few hours having fun with my camera there!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Nice barn and cars, too! Hope you get some rain. We've had a wee bit today, need lots more. It's weird hearing thunder in January!

Rose said...

I sure would like to see some close-ups of those old cars, too.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what a great find. so great. & on a curve too!! such a plus!!! ( :

Karen Lakis said...

Nice barn, and the cars are really something special!

Pix at Under the Oaks said...

Love that curve in the road leading to that charming barn Deanna! Love the old cars. I want to get back on the barn charm wagon but I need to shoot some barns. Wacky weird weather yesterday but we got rain!!! Lots! Enjoy your Wednesday Deanna!

ChicagoLady said...

Oh the stories that barn could tell!

I saw an interesting barn today, it was red and on the roof was I assume to be a painted horse.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic old barn... do you have pics of the antique cars? Love to see em! =)

Vicki Lane said...

Love those old barns --and the old cars too!

AliceKay said...

Nice old barn. Sounds like quite a history there, too.

Intense Guy said...

I love this photo! It conveys that charm!!