Sunday, June 29, 2008

Baching It...

It has been an interesting weekend. Jim went camping with his bowling buddies and I had the weekend to myself. I could have gone out with "the girls", but with my sis still here watching mom and dad, I decided to take the time for myself and do whatever I wanted. I completed transferring files from one computer and getting all the applications up and running on Vista. New computers sure are time consuming! I took a relaxing bubblebath, and read a book. I also drank a bottle of wine (no, not all at one time lol). I rented the movie, "Mad Money" with Diane Keaton, Ted Danson, and Queen Lativa. If you haven't seen it, get it. I really enjoyed it. Jim and I are going to rent it again so we can watch it goether. I spent time walking in my gardens and reflecting on how good I really have it. And I even chatted a little, something I don't find time to do much anymore.
Jim was here when I returned home from church this morning. It really was great to see him home. I missed him. Tomorrow (Monday) I take my sister to the St. Louis airport. I'm going to miss her too. It has been so nice to have her here to take care of mom and dad for awhile.
So, next week I have to get back into my routines. It sure has been nice to have a little ME time!
I hope everyone has a great week. Huggsssss

15 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*Hugs*

I suspect most of us have it "pretty good" when we stop to think about it - its interesting how different the various folks that leave comments here "have things" - none of is really "much alike" but all of us have many blessings we can count should be bother. I'm glad Jim was able to go "do his thing" too - that whack on the head sounded really nasty.

Lainie said...

It sounds like a great weekend...everyone needs some ME time.

ChicagoLady said...

I rented "Mad Money" this weekend too! I thought it was very cute.

A little "me" time is always good, but it's nice to have your loved ones back around afterwards.

AliceKay said...

I agree with all of the above. A little ME time helps us get back to the place we once knew. I hope your sister has a safe trip home.

Karen bought "Mad Money" and it sits on my coffee table at the moment in the stack of dvds to watch. I guess I should watch that sometime soon.

Have a good week, punkn.

LadyStyx said...

Sounds like I'll be getting that movie. I've been picking it up for the last several weeks since it hit the shelves and always put it back down because Im not sure (although with Diane Keaton and Queen Latifah Im sure it's more than likely good).

ME time's always good. Too much of it, however, is never a good thing.

Intense Guy said...

All too true Ladystyx. Looks like I will be spending the fourth of July weekend alone.

Deanna said...

You are right, Styxie. Too much ME time is not a good thing. *Smiles at Iggy about the 4th of July weekend... wanna crash at my place?*

AliceKay said...

I've heard that Punkn is very hospitable, Iggy. *winks*

Deanna said...

Yea, I'm a cook cook too! lol

Deanna said...

Yea, I'm a cook cook too! lol

ChicagoLady said...

What's a cook cook? Is that better than a regular cook?

Deanna said...

Lol double the flavor! And of course I had to post it twice twice too.

Intense Guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Intense Guy said...

I'll teach you how to play Skee-Ball and bring some "bambi-meat" and the makings for s'mores on account you are a double good cook twice over. :)

Deanna said...

Oooooooooh you are on! There are many new OCHA opportunities here and I can send home some old bottles with you for your mom's bottle tree!