Friday, June 27, 2008

Roasting Marshmallows




Yep. Middle of summer and we roasted marshmallows over a campfire. Last week when my nephew and his family stayed with us, we had unseasonably cool weather. They are from Phoenix, Arizona, so open fires aren't a normal day to day thing. We had our granddaughter here to keep their kids entertained, and I had the bright idea of roasting marshmallows. Now, think about it. Three kids age five and under - eight o'clock at night - and I'm proposing filling them full of sugar. Yea, that is a bright idea! Well, we did have a great time and I know we made memories for those Arizonaites that they will not forget (at least the older one won't lol). Oh, in case you couldn't tell, my granddaughter is the one in blue *grins*.



Even with the sugar high the kids were worn out and once we got them down for the night we sat on the porch (with blankets around us because it was so cool!) and visited. We had a great time and got to know a nephew and his family who we really didn't know very well before. How cool is that?

7 comments:

Lainie said...

What fun! The one thing I am looking forward to while camping is roasting marshmallows on an open fire and making S'Mores. I've enjoyed catching up on your posts. Sorry it takes me awhile sometimes. It was great talking with you last night. *hugs*

Deanna said...

huggsss back lainie. It was great talkimg to you too. I was lucky to have marshmallows in the house -didn't have the chocolate and graham crackers needed for s'mores, but they didn't know any difference lol.

Karla said...

dang..now I wanna go camping! LOL nothing more fun than the campfire and marshmellows...course my kids always thought they had to have hotdogs too...I miss camping :-(
Glad you all had a wonderful time and you got to know your nephew better....family is important

AliceKay said...

Very cool, Punkn. Sounds like a nice time to me.

LadyStyx said...

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan. Now Im cravin S'Mores! sheesh.....

lovely pix hun

Intense Guy said...

The look on the faces of all the children (and the Moms too!) is priceless. Such excitement from the marshmellow adventure.

The fireplace looks really awesome!

ChicagoLady said...

Looks like everyone had fun, despite the cool temperatures. It's always nice to catch up with family you don't see very often.