Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Watch out below!

I got home from work yesterday to find Jim walking around in a stupor. Come to find out he was working outside and a tree branch had fallen on his head! It left a huge indentation (he's bald, so it was easy to tell lol). Good thing he had a baseball hat on.
He refused to go to the emergency room (of course). So I googled concussion. Watch for headache (yep), dizziness (yep), ringing of ears (yep), nausea (nope). Seek medical attention if nausea or headache persists for a long period of time. Ok. So I let him lay down and woke him up every half hour. At one point he asked me why I had let the little kitten in that was hiding behind the wood stove. That kinda freaked me because there was nothing behind the stove... Finally around midnight he sat up and said the ringing in his ears had stopped. We sat and talked awhile and then I let him go to bed. I'll have to admit I didn't sleep well and kept waking him up throughout the night.
Today he seems just fine - thank goodness! It sure made me stop and think about how fragile life is and how quickly it can be taken from us.
Have to get going now. Get to go to the mean ol' dentist today. Later!

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Holy moly! Yesterday was a bad day for tree branches falling down - having been just missed by one myself!

I hope Jim is doing much better this morning. Sounds like he really took a whack. Baseball caps might be better than nothing, but not by a whole lot!

Hope you come back from the dentist with a big bright smile on your face and not like little Johnny who comes back from the dentist saying, "Mommy! Mommy! I only had one cavity!"

"Oh thats wonderful Johnny!"

"Well, h*** its easy when ya only got one toof!"

LadyStyx said...

Hoping Jim feels better today.

LOL@ iggy

AliceKay said...

I hope Jim is feeling better, too. Terri comes home from work some nights with cuts or goose eggs on his head. He wears a cap to work, but it doesn't help protect him from the things that he has to work around. (he's pretty thin on top with a balding spot)

LOL, Iggy. Good one.

Deanna said...

Jim is doing great today. Thanks! Lol Iggy, you are too funny. Trip to the dentist was yucky. They had to goop my mouth up to take impressions. This is going to going to be an expensive tooth year, even with dental insurance.

Karla said...

Wow! Next time don't give him the option of going to the hospital..Make him go...Glad he's feeling better!

ChicagoLady said...

I'm glad Jim is feeling better. I don't think any of us would have slept well that night, thinking there was a kitten behind the wood stove.