Friday, June 6, 2008

I don't care what anyone says, I think this is funny...



Earlier this week we went to our 12 year old grandson's baseball game. As we walked into the ball field, our three year old grandson, Austin, came running, ready for hugs. Imagine my surprise when I saw his mohawk! I luaghed until I cried. Apparently my daughter and her family had attended a party the weekend before where everyone dressed up as someone from a rock band. (yes, the tattoo is fake...) I'm not sure who Austin was supposed to be, but he ended up with the mohawk out of the deal. My mind immediately went to this joke that has been around for years:

"An old man is sitting on a bench in central park when a teenager with a
rainbow hair-dyed mohawk spiked up like a punk rocker and a nose ring sits down
next to him. The man begins to stare at him for a long time in shock. Then the
teenager says, "What you looking at old man?" The man replys, "Nothing,
nothing." Again the man begins to stare at him for a long time and the teen
says, "What's your problem, old man, you never did anything crazy when you were
a kid?" The old man replies, "Yeah, the thing is when I was a teen I got real,
real drunk and fucked a parrot, and I am trying to figure out if you are my
son."

Austin is spending the night with us tonight. He has peed in his pants twice - just out of ornriness I think. Then he told me he had to go poop. I took him into the bathroom, just knowing he had already done the deed. Surprise, surprise, surprise.. he hadn't. I got him on the pot and he looked at me and said "here comes a big one".... and lordy that boy was right! What a kid.

On a more serious note, please say a prayer for this little guy. He is going in for open heart surgery on July 29th to fix a hole in his heart. His chances of a long life are great but yet... anytime they operate, there is danger. He is a pretty special grandson.

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'll say a few prayers for your grandson, punkn. Tia's son had a hole in his heart fixed not too long ago, and from what I understand, it was a complete success. Wishing Austin the same success.

Cute kid. LOL@a big one.

Love the joke. Cracked up the first time I ever saw it. :)

LadyStyx said...

omg...that joke and "a big one!" LMAO!!

He looks rawkin with that mohawk.
Prayin for a successful operation.

Intense Guy said...

I will be hoping for all the best for Mohawk Man. May Austin have a speedy recovery and get out there enjoying life, although judging from the pictures - he is living life large now! :)

I'm glad "the big one" went where they ought to go. LOL

ChicagoLady said...

I've never heard that joke before, I loved it!

My thoughts and prayers are with Austin and your whole family while you go through this stressful time.

I'm thinking the mohawk was based on a guitar player for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flea is his name. LOL