Thursday, June 19, 2008

Family

Iggy's comment about gazillions of cousins (or something like that) on my last post got me to thinking about how huge the family really is. This picture is of grandma, aunts and uncles, and cousins on just my dad's side of the family. It was taken in 1969. Many of my cousins were born after this picture was taken. I can honestly say that I have passed cousins on the street and not recognized them until they have said something like, "hey, aren't you my cousin Deanna..." Then we stop and visit forever, trying to catch up on family news.
I may come from a "big" family, but it just got bigger and bigger and bigger when I began chatting. I wouldn't trade my chat family for the world! Family Reunion 1969

3 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Holy explicative Batman! That's one heck of a family...and just one side too???? Dang.

Hubby comes from a small nuclear family but there are so many relations (removed or otherwise) that the whole hometown is practically cousins (2nd,3rd,50th his mother seems to know all of them too) and what have you...

LadyStyx said...

Oh...and I hear ya on that chat family...between Blogger, Myspace and my Yahoo I got relations world wide.

Intense Guy said...

My jaw dropped and hit the floor while my eyes were bugging out of my head!

Wowsers! That is quite a picture! No wonder you worked in the state government for awhile! Your family is enough to form a complete one all on its on!

*hugs Punkn after checking to make sure its her and not one of her gazillion cousins :)*