Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday it is

How is it that it is Tuesday already?  Where did Monday go?

Summer is here in full force.  The humidity isn't the "slap you in the face" kind today yet, but it has the potential to get there.  Jim and a buddy just headed out for a fishing hole.  He likes to go to a little town not toO faR from here, Frankenstein.  No, I've never seen any monsters there.  But they do have a fishing spot that is wonderful.  It is known by the locals as Stieferman's Bluff.  The scenery is beautiful.  The water is clear and shallow in some places - making it a great place to take young kids.  Then as you meander down the stream, there are some awesome fishing holes.  I'm hoping for some more tasty fish tonight.

My bathroom project is at a standstill once again.  My frustration level is over the top.  I don't get frazzled easily, but this project has tried my patience beyond grinning and bearing it.  Everything has taken so much longer than I ever thought possible.  My house has been torn up with everything out of place for such a long time that it seems normal.  We finally got the ceiling in, all of the painting, trim boards, etc. done, the tub in place and have been waiting for the plumber to come back out to finish the plumbing.  Now, this is the guy who has already been here.  He knows the scope of the project.  Has done the initial plumbing, and just needed to hook everything up:  tub, stool, sink.  Easy peasy.  Right?  Wrong.

The tub, being the kind of tub it is, takes a special fitting.  Ok.  They knew the type of tub it is.  That is why we hired professionals in the first place.  That is why we already had them out here.  He also didn't have a fitting for the sink.  What?  What is the world did he think he was coming to my house for?  A tea party?

Ok.  I just had to get that off my chest.  Whew.

I'm heading into town to pick up some things I need, go to the bank, go to work, go to the grocery store and then home.  I hope inspiration knocks me in the head with an idea for a tasty supper between now and the grocery store - just in case they bring home fish stories rather than fish.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

17 comments:

Leah said...

It's hot in MN too. And well, pretty humid as well. I don't think MN has ever seen heat without humidity. Ha.

Anonymous said...

I would be so frustrated about the bathroom also its sad when professionals can't even get the job done!

Hopefully you won't get knocked in the head too hard, hehehe and hopefully you get a good supper idea, it so hot here that if Im off for the day I do the cooking in the morning instead of night time, our poor air conditioner struggles under the upper 90 temps.

Hope you are having a great week so far! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Plumbing.. grrrr. Hubby's least favorite thing to fix. Not sure how long your house has been torn apart for. We started a project once and it lasted 18 months. Grrrr.

Di

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

If I knew a good plumber I'd give you his name.
WOW I'm impressed you get to show by yourself! (I did sneak to town by myself, for a pedicure last week)
Enjoy your shoppng and don't get too hot! Is your Bug fixed?

AliceKay said...

I would probably be pretty frustrated with that plumber. If he knew it needed a special fitting, he should have had it by now.

I hope Jim and his buddy had a good day fishing and your supper will consist of freshly caught fish. :)

I hope your day is going better now, too. *hugs*

Steve Skinner said...

Nothing like a home improvement to make you want to kill something or someone!

betty said...

still pleasantly warm in Southern California, but any day we will make the turn and visit 100 degrees and it will stay visiting until the fall. sorry about the bathroom project; it does sound like a nightmare in that it is taking too long to complete. I don't do well when things are torn up like this so I'm sure it would majorly bother me for sure!!

stay cool!!

betty

Funny in My Mind said...

I hope the bathroom project comes together for you soon!
I am headed to OK to see family.
I think it is 10 degrees hotter there!

Rita said...

You think when you hire "professionals" that they would be professional. Is that too much to ask anymore? :( I hope they get their act together right quick! And that you had a good dinner, whether it was fish or dinner with fish stories. :)

junyah said...

I got to say one thing for you Deanna, you keep the blogs coming and all good too.I can just imagine what it must be like to rely on somebody to do things like the bathroom and to get things hooked up for your remodeling.In a way i'm lucky i guess, i'm not one to wait on somebody else to do something for me,i get to inpatient and frustrated so i just do it my self unless it comes to the electrical parts.Now i can do most all the plumbing and i can wire up the project but when it comes to getting the wires in the main power box i leave that to the Professionals.same thing with the furnace,especially this hot water job we have in this house. The old trailer we lived in for the first 27 years i worked on that myself.It was a matter of financal reasons,and besides there's not that must to a burner.IM not bragging here or trying to blow my own horn ,its just that i find things easy to do and fix.well most the time. lol ... So i hope everything goes well for you and you get everything done soon and right.Take care out that way and a HUge Hugs to U. JUnyAh

Queenie Jeannie said...

Remodeling is the worst. It ALWAYS takes longer than expected and makes such a mess too! Hugs! I'll bet you'll have a to-die-for bathroom in no time!

Fresh fish is sooooo yummy! Where we'll be living is right on the Adriatic Sea, so I'm hoping for fresh seafood and fish I've never had before!

Toriz said...

Figures. The same sort of thing happens every time my parents call someone out for their washing machine and dish washer. They have them insured with this same spacific company (no idea who) and the company requires them to register the makes and models of both of them. So, naturally you would think that when they phone to say that something is wrong, and describe the problem, they would have the parts that may be needed to fix it. OOf course, that is way too complicated, so instead the people come out, say, "ah, yes, I thought that would be the problem. Unfortunately, I don't have the part with me. I'm going to have to come back with it." Then they leave. *Shaking head*

Anyway, I hope the bathroom project doesan't take much longer.

Rural Rambler said...

Deanna we lived in remodeling hell for quite awhile so I feel your pain. Somedays I just sat and cried. Too many men doing too many different jobs clueless to the ability to coordinate.

Oooooo Deanna it is 'Will I Ever Learn Wednesday'. :)

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like the plumber might end up being some caulking if he doesn't get his act together.

Hot as heck here in the sun. It seems like its gonna be a long, hot summer.

Better find a shady spot on the porch and start panting...

Vicki Lane said...

Another beautiful header! And oh my, it's hot here too! I was out in the garden till about 10:30 when fear of heatstroke drove me back to the house.

Hope you got your fish dinner!

Vicki Lane said...

Another beautiful header! And oh my, it's hot here too! I was out in the garden till about 10:30 when fear of heatstroke drove me back to the house.

Hope you got your fish dinner!

LadyStyx said...

We've had some hot temperatures here too. Nothing like a blast of hot air when you have to let the dog out. *ugh* Actually ended up taking drastic measures last week... but that's fodder for my own blog, if I ever get back around to it. Oh wait, you have me in FB...you could always peek in the pictures there... LOL!