Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Will I Ever Learn Wednesday – 6/2/10

It’s raining!  THEY predicted 30% chance of rain, which means there is a 70% chance that it won’t, which means that it will.  Right?  Right.

Up until 5:30 last night, I had finally made it through the week without any new ditzo moments.  It was a great feeling.

Then it happened – the IT that I never thought could happen to me.
I stopped to get gas.  Like any normal person, I swiped my credit/debit card, chose the gas, and got the pump going.  That’s when my mind wandered.

I looked off to a corner of the parking lot, and couldn’t believe my eyes.

010

There were ORBS and OCHAS everywhere.  Those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about are missing out.  You can learn more by following Intenseguy's blog.  They tend to make appearances there on a regular basis.  But I digress…

Obviously I had to get some photos.  So while the gas was pumping, I wandered across the lot.  Walking back to my car, I couldn’t help but smile at myself getting the perfect pictures.
I hopped back into my little Bug and took off.

That’s right.  I hopped back into my little Bug and took off… Imagine my horror when I heard the gas hose pop out of my tank.  It was too late when I slammed on my brakes.  There it was laying on the concrete.
I ran inside and said something like “I just pulled a major dummy – I forgot to remove that thing before I drove off!”  Oh how I knew this was going to cause a ruckus and I was going to be in deep doo doo.  Apparently there is a world of ditzo’s running around, because she just rolled her eyes and said, “never mind – I’ll take care of it…” 

I was too shook up to even remember to take a picture!  Besides, some things just don’t need to be documented for posterity.

My only consolation is that I wasn’t one of those idiots driving around town with the hose hanging out of the tank.  Come on folks, fess up – has anyone else ever done this? 

014

Here’s what happens when you commune with nature.  You already know the birds ate all my cherries.  I didn’t even bother to mention that the squirrels ate every single strawberry.  And now my poor flowers are paying the price.  They are the perfect snack for our deer.  I guess it is a small price to pay for the beauty that surrounds us.

012  

At least the deer share – they only ate half the plant.

That’s it for today.  Have a wonderful rest of the week!  Cheers, peace, and all that good stuff.

15 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*giggles*

I stopped by to give ya a hug and to say I was thinking about you - and got a big eyeful of orange!

I think you found a new species of orange alien dudes! As discoverer you get to name them! The tall knobby track footed ones...

The flowers look marvelous (but not appetizing to me!) My folks have the same trouble and have used every deer repellent known to mankind without success. Now they are planting flowers the deer do not like to eat.

I've only driven off without screwing on the gas cap afterwards (umm.. I'm going to claim once but it might of been twice... or more!)

Hugs! I hope you didn't damage the car any.

Akum said...

I pray that it will rain in NEw Delhi because its freaking hot here. Almost 42 C

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful lilies -- the ones the deer didn't get! Or is that a 'before' picture?

Deanna said...

Oops. That was supposed to be BOCHA - Bubba Orange Cone HEAD Aliens. (I left out the head. I know, don't go there...)

Rita said...

Chuckling up here in Fargo! I'd be distracted now by a cone photo opportunity, too--hehe! I drove off and left the gas cap on the gas pump once--luckily I remembered and went right back. So then I started setting the gas cap on the trunk so I wouldn't forget it--and drove off with it on the trunk. Luckily it didn't fall off. So I have never actually lost one. Apparently those close calls cured me--ROFL! Haven't done it since--knock on wood! Loved this post. I have come to you by way of Mr. Iggy, BTW. ;) Beautiful flowers!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart Punkn LOL I would have just died for sure..

Great picture of the cones and wow there sure are bunches of them..

I have to keep spraying my knock out roses I recently got because as soon as a bloom pops up the dad blame japanese beetles start to gobble them away *sighs*

Toriz said...

It's times like this I'm glad I don't drive... One less thing I can say, "oh yeah, I've so been there," to. LOL!

Well, you almost made it all week... So close!

betty said...

LOL, I loved the story. I can imagine myself doing that. You know, a cone sighting of that magnitude is indeed a great find! I can see how you could get a bit distracted. It is so funny how much these orange cones have become part of my life. We were watching the second National Treasure movie the other day and there was a scene that they were outside on the street; all I could see where the orange cones, LOL, and in my head I'm thinking of a story about them.

betty

junyah said...

I have gone and forgot the gas cap before left it laying on top of the pump,you and IgGY about them orange cones.lol I worked construction all my life and have seen all i want of them things.... but the flowers get my attention these days. I have planted several kinds and an just waiting for the end result.Smile , it makes people wounder what your up to.. lol hugs U

Flat Creek Farm said...

OMG... one of my biggest fears! Nope, haven't done it yet, but... if it's happened to you now I'm certain it could happen to me :) As always.. enjoyed the post! -Tammy

Dorkys Ramos said...

Is it bad that I slightly giggled when you thought you'd get in so much trouble? I probably would've freaked out too! And enjoy those blooms while they're still with you!

Steve Skinner said...

At least you didn't do any damage with your hose incident. Years ago while driving a big truck, I hooked the hose and tore it free while driving away. It was an expensive event!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ohmygosh!!!! Sorry hun, but that's just funny! Hugs!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Rain is good when it is summer time, it depends on how you perceive it...
fabulous image,
love to read your thoughts.

AliceKay said...

And here I was looking forward to a pic of the pump hose lying on the ground next to a 'bleeding' bug. LOL Sorry...that was funny. (and no, i can honestly say i have never done that) But hey, you got a great shot of those BOCHA. LOL

Your lilies are beautiful. I didn't know deer ate them, tho. I guess ours are too close to our trailer for them to come over here. When I was outside watering my flowers earlier tonight, I noticed I have one blossom and lots of buds on my red-orange Asiatic Lily. The yellow one is just budding. I'll be taking pics soon. :)