Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Will I Ever Learn Wednesday Pre-empted by an important message

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG AND BILL!

greg 1 year (2)

On June 16, 34 years ago, we welcomed our son, Greg, into the world. Happy Birthday Gregory!

Hubby had promised me that we would celebrate our anniversary on the 17th with a dinner out. We had my mom and dad lined up to watch our two year old daughter, Tessa.

We didn’t count on the fact that our dinner out would be in the hospital. But we sure didn’t mind.

Greg. There is not a sweeter, more generous, caring, son on earth. It is not possible.

I will do a “Will I Ever Learn” on Jim, though. You see, he tried to make up for the fact that I was in the hospital, eating hospital food, on our anniversary. Now, keep in mind I just had a child. Women who have just given birth are just like all other animal – our boobs fill with milk and relief from the fullness and pain is difficult, even when nursing, which I was.

Any guesses on what Jim brought me for an anniversary treat?

Did anybody guess a milk shake? A CHOCOLATE milk shake! Babies cannot have chocolate – even after processed through mom’s system. And the last thing a new mother needs to drink is a milk shake! The pain of those swollen breasts is still vivid in my mind.

004

Our son-in-law, Bill, was also born on this date - I believe 37 years ago (please let me be right…) I really need to do a Bill post one of these days. Bill is a wonderful son-in-law and I cannot think of anyone better suited for oldest daughter, Tessa. Happy Birthday Bill!!!

9 comments:

Karla said...

Happy birthday Bill and Greg !!! But I have to disagree with your mom a little..My son James is the most caring wonderful son any mother could have...(I'm sure we all feel the same way about our children..they are the best :))

Funny in My Mind said...

As I am reading this, I am drinking a chocolate milkshake.
Not doing any breastfeeding anytime though.
Happy birthday Greg and happy birthday Bill!!

AliceKay said...

Happy Birthday to Greg and to Bill. That's a cute picture of Greg. And Tessa and Bill have a nice looking family.

Even though I never nursed, I remember that feeling!! LOL

betty said...

Happy birthday Bill and Greg! both wonderful young men! Tessa's and Bill's family are just gorgeous! what a great looking family; so full of love I would imagine!

betty

Rita said...

Happy Birthday to both gentlemen. :)
Great memories!!

AliceKay said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Jim. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Happy birthday Bill and Greg! Hope you had a blast!

That is one lovely family (even with the little nose picker LOL!)

They say the closest a man can get to feeling the pain a woman experiences at child birth is getting his "equipment" stuck in his pant's zipper.

I can't imagine that agony coupled with not being able to have a chocolate milk shake too!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Happy birthday Bill and Greg!!!!

Cringed at the milkshake part....LOL! Been there, done that!

Toriz said...

Happy belated birthday to Greg and Bill. :)

Well, at least he tried... Jim, I mean.