Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A few facts in my life

Judging from the smile, books are an excellent gift for a nine year old – especially if they are Diary of a Wimpy Kid.  Dakota was allowed to choose any place to eat out at and he chose  Dairy Queen.  I was hoping for just about anyplace else –non fast food preferably!

006

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hubby and junk yard dog are both lousy at pretending I’m not taking their picture.

010

-------------------------------------------------------------

My14 year old grandson will help with the baking when I am making 2 loaves of home made bread, 2 pies, 2 cakes, and 4 loaves of pumpkin bread for our church Fall Festival.  He just doesn’t like his picture showing up on my blog (thank you Travis and sorry!)

025

-------------------------------------------------------------

It is fun to mess with the mind of helpful 14 year old pictured above when he doesn’t realize I have radio channel and volume controls on the steering wheel of my new car.  Imagine his frustration when every time he tuned into his favorite station, it would change.

crv

-------------------------------------------------------------

Landscaping projects always look bad before they look good.

 016  

--------------------------------------------------------------

The moon can be seen at 11:00 am.

017

--------------------------------------------------------------

When sunflowers won’t grow, then optimistically plant tame blackberry bushes with cables for them to twine up on (keeping my fingers crossed)

019

--------------------------------------------------------------

It is always fun to receive awards.  This one was given to me by Kelly at My Joy Project.   Thank you Kelly!  Please take a moment to check out Kelly’s blog.  And if you haven’t already received this award – please grab it – because each and every one of you have truly lovely blogs!

onelovelyblogaward

-------------------------------------------------------------

I hope everyone is having a great week.  These sunny days and cool nights are wonderful.  We finally broke down and kicked the furnace on last night – just long enough to cut the chill. 

13 comments:

Rural Rambler said...

That is a cool picture of your hubby and junk yard dog. The lighting is awesome. Your new car????!!!! You didn't get rid of your V-dub? We still haven't turned on the furnace. Brrr.

Tonia said...

I had to laugh at changing the station! That is a big deal between me and my 14 yr old. She thinks if she is in the front seat then she should have control over the radio.... I tell her its my car and when she has her own then she can listen to what she wants.
Great pics!

AliceKay said...

I loved your pics. Dakota looks like he's ready to read those books soon, and Travis looks like a good kid to have around the kitchen. Good helpers are always wanted around the kitchen. :)

Nice pic of Jim and the junk yard dog. LOL

I also had to laugh when I read the part about changing the radio channel on your steering wheel. Poor Travis. LOL

Nice shot with the moon. Isn't it amazing to see it still visible so late in the morning?

Terri bought a blackberry bush at Lowe's Saturday afternoon and planted it out on the other side of Dad's hangar. (i'm wondering if he thinks the deer and birds won't find it there?)

Congrats on your award and have a great rest of the week. Thanks for sharing your family with us.

By the way, the high temp here yesterday and today was only in the mid 50s. Lowest high temp since May. :\

betty said...

loved this post; how cute how you did it!! LOL with the radio station, we did the same one time with son until he eventually figured it out. love a child that likes to read, glad to see that smile on your grandson enjoying his present :)

glad you are getting some nice fall weather to enjoy!

betty

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Oh the smells from your house, homemade bread, pies, cakes and pumpkin bread! And it was so nice of Travis to hlep. I'm afraid your secret maybe out now, most 14 year old are computer experts and I'm sure he will read Gma's blog.

Keep warm! And thanks for supporting your Electric Cooperataive

Rita said...

My you've been busy! Love all the pictures--especially hubby and junkyard dog!

Fall is the time to bake, isn't it? You're lucky to have such a good helper in the kitchen.

You packed so much into this post I have to go back and look again. :) :)

Toriz said...

You asked a 9 year old to pick the place to eat, and didn't expect it to be fast food? Hm... I thought you knew kids better than that. ;) LOL!

Mmm... All that baking sounds tasty! Wish I could come over for some of that food!

LOL! Travis was probably getting really annoyed with your radio! ;)

Yeah, things always look worse before they look better. Good luck with it!


And good luck with your blackberries too!

Steve Skinner said...

Regarding the car radio it reminds me that old age and treachery will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.

Intense Guy said...

I love that picture of Whiskey!!

:)

It's so nice to see a good kid - it really is...

And poor Travis... getting his picture posted and his radio station changed on him and he was being so helpful!

That radio station thing reminds me of a day where I last worked - my coworkers were prehaps envious that I had one of the first wireless mouses - so they took another one, removed the batteries from mine and sat in the empty cube across the way and watched me as I moved my mouse - and struggled like a drunk trying to stand upright and walk a straight line to get them durn thing to go where I wanted it and to click when I wanted it - I think it took me over an hour to finally catch on... :)

p.s., I owe you an email - I've been so way behind.

Vicki Lane said...

Nice to have these chilly days to make baking a pleasure...

Missouri Gal said...

Great photos. Love the junk yard dog and hubs. The controls I needed when my son was younger! I like what you did for the black berries. I need somehting like that for mine as well. Pumpkin bread sounds awesome!

Anonymous said...

I didnt know you had a new car, congrats on that! I cant wait to see the movie about the diary of a wimpy kid, it looks like it is going to be so funny! I hope you are having a good week, OH and I love the look your dog is giving you in that picture, omg he is too cute :o)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds like things are humming right along in your neck of the woods!! This is the time of the year where the A/C is on part of the day and the heat is on the other, lol!! It's so nice to just be comfortable and not have to pay for it!!! Well, pay extra for it as we DO pay for housing!