Friday, January 27, 2012

In Search of Eagles

We have been planning a day trip to Clarksville, MO for weeks now.  But it seemed every time the weather was nice one of us was working.  So Wednesday, with the forecast of mid-30's and rain, we headed to Clarksville in search of Eagles.  Even though we were warned not to...

Wednesday morning around 5:00 I sent an email to my friend Patti at Osage Bluff Quilter that we planned on finally going to Clarksville.  She replied back that she recommended " pick another day, a lot of times antique store are closed on Monday."  Then ended her email with "Have a great Wednesdy!"  We scratched our heads at that one as we headed out the door.  (Sorry Patti, but I had to rib you a bit!)  When we got home there was an email from her about a "Senior Moment"  and that she did know it was Wednesday.  Boy do I understand those Senior moments!

It may have been cold.  It may have been spitting rain.  And yes, it was a dreary day.  It was so much fun!  There were a few Eagles to be seen when we got there, but not a lot.  So we spent time going through the many artisan shops.  Gorgeous stuff to be seen!  I didn't take my camera inside the shops, but here are some links if you want to see the one of a kind furniture. 

At the The Windsor Chair_shop, we watched the artisan stain one of the chairs he was making.  He does all of the work himself with one young lad helping him.  Special orders are backordered to September 2013! 

We also enjoyed visiting The Bent Tree Gallery, where gorgeous bent tree willow chairs, leather purses, and so many more hand made items were on display.  Stacy greeted us as she worked on one of her beautiful leather purses. 

As we headed into another shop, a guy with a camera equipped with a lense that made me drool, poked his  head in to say the Eagles were swooping where some dead fish had washed up.  What?!?!  And we are in shops?  No way.  Back outside in the misty rain we went.  And we were not disappointed. 


If you'd like to see more of our trip to Clarksville, click on the video below.





10 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

You made me laugh out loud at my own stupidity!!

Love ya girl friend!!

ChicagoLady said...

Loved the video! You got some awesome shots of the eagles! What a cute little place to go searching for eagles.

Queenie Jeannie said...

A fun trip, regardless of the weather!! Loved your video!

Toriz said...

Just as well you went anyway; despite the warning not to, LOL! ;)

Rita said...

So regal! I loved the young ones down by the water, too. Looks like it turned out to be a nice trip after all. :)

Intense Guy said...

I love your video! I hear this John Denver song in my head...

I am the eagle, I live in high country
In rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky
I am the hawk and there’s blood on my feathers
But time is still turning they soon will be dry...

And all of those who see me, all who believe in me
Share in the freedom I feel when I fly!!

Come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops
Sail o’er the canyons and up to the stars
And reach for the heavens and hope for the future
And all that we can be and not what we are...

*hugs* "Goofy Friends" are the best kind. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip even with the rain, I dont mind the rain if I get to have fun :o) We have buzzards living in our woods again this year and when I was out the other day watching them I could have sworn I saw an Eagle fly over head, very beautiful birds. Happy Sunday to you HUGS!

AliceKay said...

Clarksville looks like a great town to spend a day or two. Nice shops to visit. (expensive chairs that are way out of my price range...but very nice)

You have a lot of wonderful shots in your video. The song works well with it, too. :)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Great video, Deanna! I got my first shot of an eagle just today. Hubby was telling me where he had seen some by the river but had to use his binoculars to really see one them. He took me there today and I got a fair shot, it's not the best because it was so far away. I'll post it sometime soon. The only other ones I've seen were flying over my house. It was exciting!
I'm not sure where Clarksville is, looks like a neat place to visit.

Flat Creek Farm said...

The video is perfect.. well, of course you chose Free Bird! Perfect! It's been awhile since we've been to Clarksville.. must return. Thanks for sharing your day. Truly majestic creatures ~ haven't seen any eagles yet in our neck o' the woods this year. Still hoping! ♥ -Tammy