Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

jibjab

Yesterday was my 57th Birthday.  Fifty Seven!  I used to think that was old, but not any more.  I’ve only just begun.  Thank you for all the wonderful Happy Birthday wishes.

My son-in-law made this picture for me and I love it.  He first posted it on Facebook and I suspect he did so a bit nervously.  Breathe easy, Doug, I think it is awesome.

Check out JibJab if you’d like to do cool pictures of you and yours.  You can do videos too.

I had a wonderfully relaxing birthday.  Jim surprised me with new pillows for my porch chairs and treated me like a Queen all day (actually all week).  We also bought an antique claw foot tub for a bathroom remodel we are planning.  I’ll post more on that later.  The tub wasn’t really a birthday present, but since we found it on Craigslist on my birthday, I’m going to count it :)  He even washed my car!  I love you Jim!

Last night we went to eat with good friends at the Post Office Bar & Grill in Fulton, a little town up the road from us.  As you might expect, this restaurant is in an old Post Office Building.  I forgot my camera last night, which is a shame because the building itself is cool and the tenderloins they serve are the absolute largest I’ve ever laid eyes on! We’ll go back soon and I’ll post some catch up pictures.

Oh and Jewelz, you know your cute little post about silly mom… after all these years, dear, you know perfectly well that I don’t get mad – I get even  :-)  Just so you know…

10 comments:

jewelzmomof4 said...

LOL bring it lady!!!!!!
As far as Doug yes he sent it to me and sid your mom is going to kill me!!!! I looked at it and said no she is going to laugh her a** off and then show it off. LOVE YOU MOM and remember i do have plenty of more stories some much funnier than the ones yesterday so pick your revenge carefully LOL

Queenie Jeannie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUN!!!!

MarmiteToasty said...

Happy Birthday to you..... you dear old geezerette LOL

x

Karla said...

what a wonderful birthday you had! Another one..Happy happy birthday..to you again!

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Punkn!!!

Oh my, what a swinger at the age of 57 too!! I got a good laugh at that picture!! Jim looks really good too!

Next we'll being seeing pictures of ya in a tub (with lots of discrete-ti-fying bubbles of course)!

Sounds like your day was a good one!

LadyStyx said...

Damn. I hope I look so fine in fishnets and heeled boots when I grow up! Gosh I wish I was looking forward to my birthday with the same enthusiasm. Glad you had a wonderful day!

ChicagoLady said...

Wow, another side of Punkn I didn't know existed! LOL

Sounds like you had a really nice birthday week. Here's to many many more!

sexy41 said...

Sounds like you had a great Birthday. Love the picture. We have found out about jib jab also, my son in law made a couple videos of Jay and I. OMG so funny. Next you will be going out and buying leather to wear and fishnets.

AliceKay said...

Happy belated birthday, Deanna. *hugs*

Toriz said...

Belated happy birthday to you. :)