Sunday, May 31, 2009

Shadow play

First of all, I owe hubby a big apology. Sorry babe!

You see, I have this nasty habit of not putting the card back in the camera after I’ve taken the pictures off of it. Several weeks ago he and Travis were messing around in Travis’ “fort” and Jim took some awesome pictures – or so he tells me. When I came home he proudly handed me the camera and said “look at the pictures I took of Travis in his fort”. I turned on the camera and all I saw was the message “no card”. Well shit! He should have seen that! Right? Nah, he was snapping pictures.

camera sitting on old tube radio

The camera he was using was our 35 m camera where you look through the view finder and not at the screen. I felt really bad about Jim not getting his pictures and vowed to be more careful about putting the card back in the camera each time. What’s that old saying about good intentions… oh yea, something about paving the road to someplace.

Anyway, this morning Jim saw a great photo opportunity. The sun was playing in and out of the trees along one of the paths as Whiskey dog was ambling along. So he ran into the house, grabbed the camera and… crap. At least this time he noticed the message “no card” before he took the picture.

He did get some pretty cool shots after we put a card in the camera, though.

002

I love the way the sun is playing through the trees. See the stack of rocks to the left? Those will soon complete the walkway. One of these days I’ll do a rock wall & walkway blog.

Whiskey standing in the shadows looking at the camera

He did get a picture of Whiskey standing in the shadows. Isn’t he cute, Demon Dog that he is…

Walkway to house -  sunlight shining through trees

Roses in full bloom with a sheep golf club cover on table

My cute little sheep is actually supposed to be a golf club cover. We bought him a few years ago when we were in Ireland. But instead of covering a golf club, he covers a glass and sits proudly on my table.

12 comments:

jewelzmomof4 said...

LOL mom DOug would KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!! But I can see me not putting the card back in also. LOL I always love the way the sun came through the trees at the house. I truly was blesses to be able to live and grow up there. I always remember waking up in the mornings as a little girl and the sun shining in my window it was always so beautiful and to be able to look out side and see nothing but trees well...... again I was truly BLESSED Thank you mom and dad for building such a beautiful house in such a beautiful place and giving us such a wonderful childhood.

AliceKay said...

Your house seems to be located in such a beautiful area. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet in person on our trek to Texas, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to see your home. It would have been quite a treat for me.

Great pics. Can't wait to see the ones of the finished wall and walkway. :)

Karla said...

I love the sun beams shining through the limbs of trees..makes everything look so pretty! Someday I will make it back into your neck of the woods and will come by and meet you and just chat the day away!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

LadyStyx said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! More puzzleworthy pix. What a lovely area.

LOL@ the sheep club cover. I used to do that with my puppets too!

Intense Guy said...

You can almost hear some wonderful music coming from that marvelous old radio - followed the melodious sounds of a some great radio show narrator's voice telling us that "The Shadow Knows"...

Which would be rather fitting given the title of this entry and the sparkling sun through the trees and trellis - I wish I could walk all those paths - 'cept I'd have big white eyeballs all popped out bugeyed looking around for Whiskey...

...the demon dog. :)

The Wife O Riley said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I always forget to turn the camera off after I download them and then the batteries run down.

sexy41 said...

What a beautiful place you had. Fantastic pictures.

Toriz said...

Yeah... A card in the camera makes taking photos a lot more successful. ;)

junyah said...

IggY wAntS to Be a dog CatCher ..?? lol oH i see how it works, you place a cone and wait....lol

Queenie Jeannie said...

Gorgeous pictures of your home - as usual!!!! Really love those.

And your antique radio is the bomb!!!!! I think coming to visit you would be an incredible vacation, lol!

ChicagoLady said...

Beautiful pictures!!!

(Don't forget to put the card back in the camera) LOL

Lainie said...

Just gorgeous! LOL I don't think Whiskey looks like a demon dog especially since he looks a lot like my Huntababes.