Monday, May 18, 2009

A little late, but we celebrate

Austin’s 4th birthday came and went with no attention from me.  Now that just isn’t right!

So, just the two of us took a trip to the only place I know of that carries birthday presents, Wal Mart.  OK, I agree there are better places to go to find interesting presents, but time was short and Wal Mart was there, and Austin really isn’t very picky.

012

On the way to the store we talked about what he wanted and he told me he really likes Sponge Bob (gosh I wouldn’t have guessed that…)

 003 

004

We find a really cool Sponge Bob tote but for some reason Speedy caught his eye.  Ok, I’m cool with that.

005

Looking around just a bit more to make sure we haven’t missed something important and what do we spy?  Sponge Bob Leggo’s!  A must have.  We are in heaven now.  But we have a problem. Austin thought he was going home with Grandma.  After all, that is the way it usually works.  Oh dear.

008

But never fear – a compromise is near.  We spot Dairy Queen on the horizon.  An ice cream treat is almost as good as going home with Grandma… right?  Not really, but it worked this time.

009

A nice thick chocolate milkshake does the trick.  We first try a straw but quickly recognize the danger of a nasty brain freeze coming on.

010

So we substitute a spoon and all is well in the world.

This was a fun couple of hours.  Happy Birthday Austin!

19 comments:

LadyStyx said...

We need to find one of those tank tops in a big boy's size for iggy....

Karla said...

Happy Birthday Austin! Wow..can I borrow your grandma for MY birthday LOL And yes I must agree with Styxie...Iggy needs one of those shirts!!!!!

ChicagoLady said...

Nothing better to a kid than letting them pick out their presents!

And a milkshake after all that hard work? I bet he was having the time of his life.

Happy Birthday, Austin!

Toriz said...

Sounds like an awesome way to celebrate! Can we do that for my birthday too? I'm not a big fan of Spongebob, but I'm sure we can find something else I'd like. ;)

MarmiteToasty said...

Happy Birthday Austin.... cool name by the way :)...sounds like a loverly 2 hours...

Dam now I need a milkshake lol

x

jewelzmomof4 said...

LOL Austin thought it was really cool to see pictures of him getting his new presents. He wants to know how his picture on there like that. BTW I will keep my eye out for a tank in Iggy's size. LOL I think i saw some in adult size at walmart. LOL

Mean Mom said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Austin! He looks like a great little boy. Glad you had a good time.

Intense Guy said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Austin!

Oh... my... a ... noo... reallyy??? a spongebob tshirt...?? for me???!?!?!??!?? (breathe!! Iggy.. breathe!!!)

:) hey.. it was Austin's day - not mine!! (but thank you!)

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a wonderful Grandma you are! Your grandson is adorable!!!!!

junyah said...

I think that Punkn has the perfect life...

sexy41 said...

Happy Birthday Austin.

You are a fantastic Grandmother. You really are the best.

Lainie said...

I'm glad Austin and Grandma had some quality time together. He's a sweet lil boy and he looks so happy. Happy Birthday Austin...and Happy Birthday to you too Deanna!

junyah said...

Its Punkn's Brithday??? nobody told me..Happy Brithday Punkn sweets....I mean Grandmaw...

Intense Guy said...

Hippo Birdie... Two shoooooes...
Hippo Birdie... Two shoooooes...
Hippo Birdie... Hippo Birdie...
Hippo Birdie... Two shoooooooooooooooes...

:) Happy Birthday Deanna!

Deanna said...

Awwwwww thank you for all the comments and the birthday wishes! I'll be doing a birthday post tomorrow. Too busy celebrating today!!!!!!!!!

ChicagoLady said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Punkn!
Happy Birthday to you!

*HUGS*

sexy41 said...

Happy Birthday Deanna

LadyStyx said...

OOOH! Happy Birthday dah'lin! I gots sumthin ova at me site fo ya!

AliceKay said...

Happy belated birthday to Austin. Sure looks like he enjoyed his time with his grandma. :)