Thursday, May 27, 2010

Failure Is Not An Option…

Iloveyourblogaward

 

There are many different approaches to blogging. Some blogs tell stories, while others tell stories through pictures. There are journals of day to day life blogs, documentations of life’s hopes and struggles, and blogs of faith.  Sometimes I read a blog with sentiments so raw that I am reduced to tears. Then there are the goofy and funny blogs - the ones laced with humor. There are the times when I learn things I probably never would have known - and enjoy learning it. And sometimes, without even meaning to, a blogger will reveal their inner kindness, and tender heart.


My friend, Intenseguy's blog does all of the above. There are times that he makes me laugh and cry at the same time, and it isn't even until I'm commenting that I realize he also snuck a history lesson in his post somewhere. Earlier this week he featured me on his blog and gave me the "I Love Your Blog" award.

It is a great feeling to know a few simple words made a difference in a person's day - in this case Iggy's day.

Thank you for letting me know in such a meaningful way.
Once again, you have taught me a lesson. You've taught me that words of truth, no matter how simple, do make a difference. And you have taught me that to take a moment to leave a comment on the blogs I read, is worth every minute of my time.


I'd like to share this award with every blogger who takes the time to read my ramblings. Hopefully I occasionally impact you and your day - just as Iggy often does mine.

Oh, and the reason this post is titled Failure Is Not An Option is because while featuring and awarding me, he snuck in a history lesson – and a message to me to take good care of myself.  Thanks Iggy!

14 comments:

Teri said...

That is a cool award. You're a winnah!!!

betty said...

Iggy is one special guy, isn't he? I truly do enjoy reading his blog; I have learned so many things from it (and I want to move to Pennsylvania, LOL, it is gorgeous there) and I'll never look at another orange cone again the same way without thinking of him, LOL

what a wonderful award he bestowed you! truly you are worthy of such an honor :)

betty

Toriz said...

Iggy's blog is a fantastic blog, and so is yours. It's a well deserved award, given to a great person by another great person. Two people who I consider to be great friends, and whose blogs I really enjoy reading. :)

Intense Guy said...

Hugest hugs, my friend...

:)

I'm glad you are feeling better - and I hope you thoroughly enjoy the upcoming weekend!

AliceKay said...

Iggy is truly a special friend, and we are very fortunate to have him in our lives. His posts have touched so many people, and usually, he doesn't even realize just how much.

Have a great weekend, Deanna. *hugs*

Akum said...

Thanks for the award.. Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Iggy sounds quite awesome. Blogging friends can really make a person's day when otherwise having a rotten one.

Congrats on the cool award!

Di

Queenie Jeannie said...

Awesome award from an awesome person to an awesome person!!!

Fabulousness!!!!!

Funny in My Mind said...

Congratulations!
You make my day when I am having a bad day, week, month, etc....with your encouraging comments and the fact that you are still here reading me is an accomplishment what with my negativity sometimes.
I truly call you friend and hope we get to meet someday!

Vicki Lane said...

Congratulations! And what a lovely header!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

you are so very kind,
lovely award for a precious friend such as you.
Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome looking award, love the colors and you deserve it, Iggy is just the best! Hope you are having a good weekend!

Queenie Jeannie said...

So glad you liked your birthday card - sorry it was late!!!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Have A Fun Memorial Day!
Cool Post!