Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Melancholy Mood

I’m in “one of my moods”.  Melancholy is the word that comes to mind.  Going to have to snap out of it.  It isn’t healthy.  Right?

008

This is where I spend much of my time these days.  I’m in the middle of a massive project of scanning centuries of photo albums – my family’s, his family’s, and ours.  Yesterday was spent trying to figure out why the scanner is no longer working correctly.  It scans but the file is never there after the scan.  I’ve downloaded driver patches and new drivers.  I’ve plugged and unplugged everything – over and over.  The laptop is worn out from rebooting.  This morning I un-installed the drivers and am installing them again.  Desperation I tell you!

See that music stand against the window?  Yea, I’m still trying to teach myself how to play the mandolin.  Hopeless I tell you!

The only sane thing on that table is the snowman coffee cup.  It knows no season.  As the days grow hotter, the cup reminds me that “this too shall change.”  It sure keeps my honey-sweetened tea hot.

001

Mom and dad gave me this clematis for my birthday eight years ago. 

003

Isn’t it beautiful?

005

The only thing is – it’s trying to die on me.  I can’t let that happen.  Once it quits blooming, can I safely prune the dead away?  Do I wait until fall?  Google time.  Tips anyone?

006

My sunflowers, onions, and weeds are co-existing nicely.  Sure wish humans were as tolerant of each other’s differences as these plants are.  Am going to leave them just as they are.

12 comments:

Toriz said...

It's ok to be in that kind of mood from time to time. Things will get better though... You'll see!

And when you want to pull yourself out of these kinds of moods... Think of those grandkids of yours, and their smiles and laughter. That oughtta do it!

Intense Guy said...

Hugs you tight.

I hate hearing you this way, but these moods come over all of us - and digging through old pictures can be very emotional.

I hope you get the scanning thing working. I wish I was there to try to help -

That Clematis has a most beautiful color - from what I know personally, you can prune them like Rose bushes, as little or as much as you like - I found this site for you - it seems definitive. Clematis Pruning - link

Hugs you again -

Anonymous said...

Melancholy is okay as long as it does not lapse into depression.

We gave up on our scanner... had it for 8 or 10 years and there just were no more drivers for it... so it's gone gone gone. hardly used it anyway, instead I just take photos of things... works just as easily. Problem solved!

Di

MarmiteToasty said...

((((Deanna))) melancholy hugs to you...... bitchslapping ya out of it :)

wow if my scanner stopped working I would lob it down the garden lol

love the Clematis.... pretty pretty..

x

Janet said...

I need to plant a clematis. I had a couple at my old house and loved them, but I haven't planted one here.

It's hard to be anything but melancholy when the weather bounces from HOT to rain and back again for days.

AliceKay said...

I hope you get your scanner working again soon. Scanning old photos is a very time consuming, and most often emotional, project. (iggy was right)

Good luck with the mandolin. Learning anything new takes time and patience. (i lack both)

That's a beautiful clematis. I'm sure you can keep it going for many years to come.

*hugs*

betty said...

I'm clueless with scanner or any type of technology problems. That is when I usually yell "hubby, I need help" (butI have found if you threaten to throw the computer or whatever away, it tends to start s shaping up :)

I hope the mood passes quickly. I think it is hard these days to always stay happy and not to slip into melancholy, but I think one look of your beautiful grandchildren's pictures should help brighten any day indeed!

betty

LadyStyx said...

Sorry you've hit the meloncholies *HUGS*.

hmm *makes note of those last 2 sentences... for future reference*

Anonymous said...

I love your new pictures up top very beautiful and your clematis is just adorable wow 8 years old, I have had a clematis now maybe 5 years now and it is in a pot and after it blooms it always looks like it is gonna die but I just leave it alone and it comes back every year so far just fine so I won't be any help to you on that. Mine blooms white which made me mad because the picture on it when I got it was purple flowers*shrugs* good luck!

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful flower pictures!

Vicki Lane said...

Wonderful flower pictures!

Anonymous said...

I have never had a Clematis, but I do know that they like to have the plant part in the sun and the roots in the shade, so keep it mulched well. That one might be the Jackmani variety. (Landlvr)