Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Will I Ever Learn Wednesday

015
We got Whiskey 6 years ago this month.  I was recovering from surgeries, cancer, and chemo and wanted a little dog to spend time cuddling with me.  The owner told us he was a “tea cup” Chihuahua.  At six weeks he had already almost maxed out the size of a teacup, but we fell for her claim hook line and sinker. 
I’ve since discovered several things:  1) little dog doesn’t necessarily mean cuddly dog; 2) there is no such thing as a “tea cup” Chihuahua; 3) Chihuahua’s are high strung and mostly a one person dog (although Whiskey does share his affections between the two of us).  But I love our little Whiskey.  We call him Junkyard Dog.
-----------------------------------------------
We had two of our favorite shows, Glee and Idol, scheduled to record last night.  While they were recording we watched other shows that we didn’t really even care about.  Now for Glee and Idol.  Yea!  Only thing is, we had somehow cancelled the recording.  Bummer.
------------------------------------------------
And here is one from the not too distant past.  It is on my friend, Rita.
When we worked together we used to go to lunch together on a regular basis.  We often combined errands with lunch and ran short on time.  So through the drive through we would go. 
This particular lunch hour we were once again late.  Rita was driving.  We placed our order and paid.  Then Rita took off.  She didn’t stop.  She didn’t pick up our lunch.  She. Took. Off!  As she pulled out onto the Boulevard, I looked at her and said, “but I wanted that sandwich!”  I cannot for the life of me remember whether we went back to get our lunch or not.  I kinda think we didn’t.
Have a great rest of the week everyone!  The sun is peeking through the wet leaves of the trees here.  I’m pretty sure it is just teasing me.  But I’m going to take the bait and head out without an umbrella. 

15 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

I have idol recorded still if you two want to pop over and watch it. Just give me enough notice to fix my hair! LOL

Leah said...

That is too funny about forgetting your lunch at the drive through. Hee hee. :)

Vicki Lane said...

Our little dog is half dachshund and half chihuahua and very friendly and a real snuggler. He shivers like a chihuahua but won't wear a jacket.

Toriz said...

LOL @ teacup Chi (can't spell the whole word).

If you didn't care about the other shows, why didn't you just watch the ones you did care about?

Deanna said...

Good question Tori. We like to record shows so that we can fast forward through the commercials. We watched mindless shows that we could do other things and still get a drift what was going on while our good shows were recording. I know... it makes no sense.

AliceKay said...

Whiskey has an evil eye, but he's cute. LOL

I did that for 'As The World Turns' a couple of weeks ago. Set the VCR up to record while I was gone and forgot to hit the power off button....so it didn't set up completely and didn't record. (good thing you can watch them online the next day)

And that's so funny about driving off without your lunch. LOL Rita sure was in a hurry to get back to work.

Anonymous said...

I DVR the shows I want to watch, even if I watch them while they are on, in case I fall asleep through them. The internet is a treat when you miss a show. Most channels (FOX, CBS, NBC...) have a player on their website to watch their shows. And they have less commercials than regular tv, although there are some.

Funny in My Mind said...

I'm in the same boat, I set to record Glee from 7-9 (wasn't sure of the time) and had a meeting that ran til 9. Good news though, you can watch it on Fox.com
http://www.fox.com/watch/glee

Anonymous said...

I wish we had wet leaves here, we need rain bad...I haven't watched Glee but I have been thinking about starting to watch it because the previews just look so fun, that story about just driving on through the drive thru is too funny lol

ChicagoLady said...

Since I'm still in the stone age, and use a VCR, I sometimes set the recording and forget to put the tape in. Or I set it for AM instead of PM.

betty said...

LOL about driving through without getting the food; Whiskey is cute; we had a chihuahua when I was growing up and I do remember him being my mom's dog and just tolerating us kids

hoping the sun stayed shining for you! but we've been having lots of rain here in Montana so I hope we aren't sending it your way

betty

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

funny and witty.
Happy Thursday!

Rural Rambler said...

Good Morning Deanna! That is funny about the sandwiches. You two didn't find yourselves in a giggling fit? Whiskey looks like he is the Boss.

We are trying to keep from floating away in our little bit of Missouree. It is coming down in buckets and I am tired of it. I think my flowers in conatainers have had it. I just want some sun!

We have Dish and don't have the smarts to figure out how to record :)

Intense Guy said...

I still can't find that beast... man that is one great camo vest he has on... all you see are these glowing eyes... floating.. hanging there... unattached to any dog...

Of course Whisky isn't just any dog.

I wonder what they did with your sandwich... maybe it's still waiting there... prolly kind of cold and perhaps a little moldy now though.

Lindsey Buck said...

Ha, I miss my little dog. And no worries about missing shows, I follow Glee on hulu.com every week! Best site ever. Wouldn't be surprised if they have Idol too. I'll be watching Glee this afternoon I'm sure.

Love your blog! -Lindz