Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Will I Ever Learn Wednesday 5-19-10

This is the day of the week that I get to think of ditzy me and the ditzy world I live in.

Sitting in my car at a stop light, listening to my tunes, I noticed a very young teen preparing to cross the street in front of me.  Sagging pants, large untied tennies, ball hat turned sideways, lighting a oh so cool cigarette, he was taking his good ol’ time.  Holding the cigarette just so, he began the swagger…  But he had waited a bit too long.  The light was turning green and he was barely in the cross walk.  So he began to walk faster.  And that's when it happened.  His britches fell to his knees, almost tripping him.  He quickly stuck the cancer stick in his mouth in a not so cool way, and ran for it.  I laughed so hard, I was crying.

--------------------------------------------------

I’ve been looking forward to fresh cherries from my cherry tree.  We did pick enough for one pie (almost) and then left the rest to ripen for the next day.  Here is what greeted me.

009

The ladders are still there.  So is my picking bucket.  But where oh where did my cherries go?

006

That’ll teach me to wait a day!

Have a great rest of the week.

15 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Oh I have so wanted that to happen to a lot of these cool boys! Glad you got to see it, or so I guess.
Play some of the tunes loud, maybe it will scare those birds off.

Leah said...

Oh my gosh! That story about the pants falling is HILARIOUS! Oh, that poor guy. . . trying to look so cool. He must have been humiliated. :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

you are sharp in describing the guy who walks pass you...
lovely notes,
fun read...
you have fun, thus I have fun reading you...
smiles!

AliceKay said...

That would have been quite a sight to see. I would have cracked up laughing too. LOL

And I see who snitched your cherries. Great shot of the cardinal, tho.

Intense Guy said...

Durn cherry pickin' burd!!!

I would have paid to see a video of Mr. Too Cool Man fall in his face when his pants fell. =)

betty said...

okay, I think I lost my comment; if it came through, just delete this one, LOL. I'm on son's laptop and I'm not used to it and I think I didn't give it time for the comment to "take". I guess this is my ditzy moment for the day :)

too funny about the pants! one time there was a stalled vehicle and this guy got out to push it through the intersection. He too had saggy pants so as he is pushing it, he's trying to hold his pants up, too funny! I think a belt would definitely have helped, don't you?

oh no with the cherries! but it is a pretty bird :)

betty

Vicki Lane said...

The falling pants story in wonderful!

junyah said...

KIds that dress that way are looking for attention,and he got some.
That Big Red Bird in your Cherry Tree has been waiting all winter and all spring for them to ripen so he could fest on em.. face it he beat you to em.. ...lol..That leaves room for some "Chinese proverb" of some kind laughs.. Hugs UU JR

Toriz said...

LMAO! Serve him right!

Intense Guy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUNKN!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Hugest hugs!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fresh cherries!!! YUMMMMY!!! Drat those birds anyway, lol!

MarmiteToasty said...

To dam funny....... oh how I would love a garden big enough to have a proper cherry tree :)

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES DEAR YOU......

x

Rural Rambler said...

Deanna I think that is a Summer Tanager that is stealing your cherries! Too funny about Mr. Look at Me Cool Pants!

tattytiara said...

See back in my day our jeans weren't so baggy they fell down around our knees. They were so tight that they split every time we so much as sneezed, but they never fell down!

LadyStyx said...

I'm with iggy, too bad there wasn't some vid of "cool dude" because you surely would have won America's Funniest Videos with that one!