Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Will I Ever Learn Wednesday

This is going to be a short and sweet post. I didn't want anyone to think I was ditzy enough to forget it is Wednesday. So here goes...

WILL I EVER LEARN...

We, Jim and I, were shopping online. When we are on the internet together, it is kind of like going for a ride to an unknown destination. One of us drives, the other gives directions.

So, Jim was driving. I was giving directions. The desination was bathroom fixtures for our soon-to-be vintage bathroom.

We found some cool stuff - things that we were unable to find in any local stores. At one point we were looking at faucets. We found the perfect tub faucet and put it in the basket. Then we found a sink faucet we liked - but wanted to make sure it matched the tub faucet.

Remember, I'm giving directions and Jim is driving. We found a sink faucet we both liked, and then I directed him to the tub faucet link and had him click on it. The picture popped up and I was thrilled and told him "see, it's identical!". And Jim, the driver, said, "It should be, you had me open the sink faucet again". I had to giggle a bit.

Anyway, we ordered faucets, drains, fittings, towel bars, toilet paper holder, and what I am hoping is the perfect mirror. The cost was a gulp factor, but less for everything than a plumber quoted us for just the faucets and connecting stuff. He is a friend and was selling it to us at his cost. I think he (the plumber) ought to look into browsing the internet. But he needs to find his own navigator - I'm sure Jim wouldn't be willing to share such a talent as me!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. This has been a very busy one for us so far.

15 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I had forgotten it was Wednesday myself...

:)

Hope your bathroom renovation project goes smoothly and YOU have a good week. I'll type in a little squirrel story for ya, shoudl get it done in a day or two... :)

Funny in My Mind said...

Post photos of the after for us. I bet it is very cool!
Beautiful weather huh?

Anonymous said...

LOL When hubby and I get on the internet together like that we end up getting frustrated with each other most the time....

I can't wait to see that bathroom when everything is done it sounds like it is going be beautiful, hugs

AliceKay said...

Driving the internet with a spouse can be a challenging experience. LOL

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the bathroom renovation...step by step pics. :)

betty said...

LOL; thankfully you have GPS for when you actually leave the house with one of you driving and the other giving directions; so very cute! at least you guys giggled about it :)

betty

Rural Rambler said...

Well, sounds like you are well on your way to a new bathroom! I am impressed you were able to find, agree and get it all purchased in that amount of time. Ya know we will be wanting to see some pictures :) Glad you didn't forget "Will I Ever Learn Wednesday"! 'Busy' seems to be going around and there is so much to do it is hard to even think about the computer!! I love Spring :)

junyah said...

I get this catalog every so often and its a division of Cabela's called Van Dyke's RESTORERS.They carry everything for the house in old time look. I suggest a look at it online and maybe order a catalog.
Theres a lot of stuff i would love to have if #1..we win the lottery,#2 build a brand new house... you get the picture.... Hugs and a Squeese.JR

Tonia said...

Haha! How funny! GOod luck with the remodeling!

Anonymous said...

Cute... sounds like a zinger I would pull. Good luck with the renovation. It's always sooo worth it in the end.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Toriz said...

Well, you got there in the end.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I can't wait to see what you've picked out. I have a feelin' it's gonna be great!!!

Ya'll have a fantastic day filled with warm sunny blessings!!!

Vicki Lane said...

So much tempting stuff on the internet -- easy to fill that shopping cart!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Know I know why we have two computers. We just email each other in adjoining rooms.

Queenie Jeannie said...

So cute!!! I love this story! Don't forget to take Before/After pictures!! Nosey people like me wanna see all the dirty details! :D

Have a fabulous weekend!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hey sweetie, I just wanted to pop in and wish ya a Happy Mother's day.

God bless ya!