Saturday, May 28, 2011

Funk

Hi everyone.  I'm sorry I haven't been around commenting on your blogs.  Blogger has wasted so much of my time not posting comments after I took the time to comment, that I finally gave up.  I think it might be working better now, since I was able to comment on a few yesterday, but I am terribly frustrated.  That plus I am in a bit of a funk. 

I am tired of having the perpetual house guest still living in my downstairs.  I am tired of the phone ringing over and over again because his daughter is trying to get a hold of him and can't find him.  I am tired of not having a place, other than the floor, for my grandkids to sleep because of said perpetual house guest.  I am tired of worrying he may have reverted back to his old ways when he doesn't come home until hours after he gets off work.  I am tired of feeling guilty that I don't invite him to eat meals with us, even though I know that would just perpetuate his dependence on us.  I am sick when I look at his idea of cleanliness and know that when he does move out that, at the very least, I am going to want to gut my bathroom and start over.  And I am totally pissed that I can't even offer my only sister a place to stay when she comes to visit for two weeks.  So, I am in a bit of a funk.

I hope everyone has a good Memorial Day.  I may just run away from home.  A nice hotel room is sounding real good to me right now.

11 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hugs!!

That sounds like a tough situation, and with no resolution in sight. I'd be in a funk too! I hope things get more positively settled soon. A weekend getaway sounds pretty fabulous!

Janet said...

Ugh. I don't blame you for being in a funk. And I've been having that commenting problem too. I wonder what's up with that.

betty said...

I had that commenting problem too, Deanna, but someone told me to download Google Chrome and now no problems.

I am so sorry. It does wear on you to have a house guest that you are trying to help but is not living up to his part of the bargain so to speak. Keeping one's area clean, especially if it is not his own place to begin with, you would think would be common courtesy. Trying to get himself back on his feet and out on his own I think would be something he would want to aim for and I think its been going on for awhile that he's been there if I remember correctly (I'm sure you have it down to the day on how long he's been there). It does wear thin after a bit I do imagine. When son's ex-girlfriend lived with us for six months, I was ready for her to move on and for us to get back our lives so to speak. Hugs to you! Funks are hard to get out of. Glad your sister is coming to visit;maybe you and her need to plan a mini getaway in town while she's there! Do something fun for yourself this weekend!!

betty

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

My heart goes out to you guys. It's like being between a rock and a hard plce. Your damned if you do and your damned if you don't.

I know I like my peace and quiet, we all need that.

I pray it gets better for all 3 of you.

Stay DRY.
Patti

Texas Gal said...

*hugs* Deanna..I've been in that situation myself..I unfortunantly had to finally, after 3 months of them doing nothing (they didn't even have a job, nor were they looking) say "You need to go somewhere else and stay if your not going to get a job and do nothing around here but watch tv" Sad situation when someone needs help but doesn't apprecitate you.

AliceKay said...

I'm sorry about the funk you've been in. I'd be in a funk too if I had to cope with that house guest day in and day out. I had hoped he had already gotten himself back together and moved out of your house by now. I hadn't heard anything about him lately, so I guess I assumed he had moved on. (you know what they say about "assume")

Yep, Blogger is being a real pain lately. :\

Hang in there. Things will get better soon. They just gotta. *hugs*

LadyStyx said...

Damn. *HUGZ*

Rita said...

Sounds like you need to put a time limit on the house guest. Give a time frame for them to be out, you know?

I've been having troubles, too, with Blogger. So annoying!! Some blogs I normally comment on I wasn't able to. :( I hope they fix the glitches soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow bless your heart Punkn I can definitely understand your funk. I know it has to be really frustrating when to try to help someone and it seems they don't want to help themselves. Blogger keeps giving me problems with trying to comment too. I sure hope you have a peaceful Sunday and Memorial Day HUGS!!!!!

Toriz said...

*Hugs*

Intense Guy said...

Hugs, hugs, hugs, and more hugs with a HUGEST hug thrown in...

Gonna need to evict the house guest huh... well you gave a fair shake to straighten out... and much more.