Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The loves of his life...

I'm going to admit it to the world.  Jim is having a love affair.

If you ask him, he will say I am the love of his life.  And there is no doubt in my mind that is true.  But... he is having a love affair - and his secret is out

Her name is Iris and the love affair has been going on since before I met him.  I should have known he couldn't give her up for me.  She tried sneakinig up the sidewalk when she thought I wasn't looking. 

When I caught the brazen hussy dripping wet from a shower, she just shook the water droplets at me and went on


He knows I am on to him and doesn't care *wipes a tear*.  He's even threatened to relocate her from her current home where she is not doiing well!  How dare he!




I tried to talk to Bailey about it, but she didn't even pretend to care.  I think she is in on it.
  

If only I could have gotten a picture of him sniffing these pretty little girls.  The evidence would be overwhelming.  The  thing is, they even have beards.  What oh what does he see in them?  I just don't get it *sniff, sniff*


My only consolation is that I know her beauty only lasts a short time and then she will shrivel up, and his fascination will be over - at least for a while

The sad thing is that as soon as FloozieFlag fades, her cousin Chio from Japan will take her place.  I've seen it happen year after year.



And after Chio's glory fades, their distant cousin, Lily, from Asia will take their place.  I guess I'm just going to have to live with it and learn to do a little sniffing around of my own.



Whiskey pretended to care but then went back to his reading without a care in the world.  I should have known the guys would stick together.


 





23 comments:

Joyce Kay said...

GREAT post!

Queenie Jeannie said...

So cute!! LOL!

Well, you always have scrap booking...right???

Rita said...

OMG! What a great post! Loved it!!! :):)

AliceKay said...

Very cute post. LOL (loved the pics too)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

And you better watch that Whiskey, looks like he is planning a vacation himself!
Great pictures by the way!
Is Jim also in love with that Maiden hair grass?
Patti

jrhaslag@ktis.net said...

Yes , Patti , I love the maiden hair grass too ! I split it into three pieces and all are doing great ! Thanks , Jim .

ChicagoLady said...

Very cute post! Don't be afraid to fight for him. You have so much more than those silly flowers.

Funny in My Mind said...

Ha!
Whiskey looks like a vacation is in the works.
I was just admiring my irises at work today but tell Jim to back off because they are Randy's.
I cannot wait for my lilies to bloom.
All this stupid rain paid off, eh?

betty said...

this was the cutest post I've read in a long time!! pretty flowers!! and you know deep down, you are absolutely his favorite!!!!!!!!

betty

Intense Guy said...

:)

Jim just has a wandering eye (and nose)... he knows who his real sweety is. In fact, I saw a Karmann Ghia on Tuesday and thought about you two.

And who could blame him (or his eye?) that Iris is beautiful!

Toriz said...

Figures! ;)

LOL!

jewelzmomof4 said...

All I have to say is HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Texas Gal said...

How beautiful iris is when she's in full bloom..but she doesn't have a chance of a snowball in Miami to steal him completely..so just let him do his "tilling"till she dies :)

Anonymous said...

OMG very funny post Punkn!! Thanks for the smiles and laughs. Love the pictures and I have to admit Iris is pretty :o) I have some of those and they have only bloomed once that I can think of, I just gave up on them LOL

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a FUN post!! Perfect... loved it!
And, by the way...
a little bird told me...
It is your birthday week, so...
Happy Birthday, Dear Deanna!!
Enjoy your B-day week to the fullest :)
-Tammy

Janet said...

So glad to have discovered your blog! What a wonderful post!
(the same little bird was my guide - so Happy Birthday!)

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Just stopping in to wish you a Happy Birthday from Connecticut.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Cute post, Deanna. My hubby has come a long way from the days when he mowed down flowers thinking they were weeds! But he still hasn't gotten to where he is the one to say, "Let's try one of those"! At least he is willing to help me plant and water, so I won't complain!

Happy Birthday on the 20th!!

Nancy said...

Oh, so FUNNY! A sense of humor is so important in life! I loved your story! Nancy H

Steve Skinner said...

Great story!!

LadyStyx said...

*chuckles* Funny stuff!

Intense Guy said...

Someone's birthday is coming up...

Won't be long now...until we are singing, "Happy Birthday" to Deanna!!!

:)

I know I posted a comment ... ? Hmmmph! I said something like, "That Iris is so pretty you can't blame Jim for having a roving eye" but "Punkn will always be his love".

I bet all the comments that went poof are making people think I'm a terrible friend. :(

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

I know how you feel... My husband is in love with Rose. She has a lot of sisters that he is always sniffing around. Great pictures !!!