Friday, May 20, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Birthday to me
I belong in a tree
With the Indigo Buntings
And the Humming Birdies

Original prose by my dear husband, Jim

Yessiree, it is my day.  As Iggy said in his comment on my previous post, today is a day of LOTS of candles and mountains of flames.  Well put! 

I'm celebrating 59 glorious years!  How is that possible?

Today is going to be just like any other day, with an eye Dr. appointment this morning and work this afternoon.  I can't wait to ditch the readers I've been constantly losing for the past two years and get back into a pair of bi-focals.  The next picture you see of me, I will be wearing glasses again.

Look what Jim surprised me with. 


Willow Tree - Peace on Earth
I absolutely love it.

Tomorrow we'll CELEBRATE! with a party at Greg and Alicia's house. 

Thank you everyone for your sweet comments and birthday wishes.  It means a lot to me.

11 comments:

Funny in My Mind said...

Happy birthday Deanna!!
I hope you have sunshine and flowers all day!
ps. we give away a birthday meal for people on their birthdays- come drop by and I will sing to you

betty said...

Happy birthday Deanna! That is so cute with the willow tree figurine! I love it too! Have a great day and a wonderful celebration of your special day tomorrow!!

betty

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Punkn!!!!

(I should have some respect for my elders huh?)

I hope you have a special day - may the Indigo Bunting (blue bird) of happiness stop by your cabin in the woods and sing you a song or three!!

Toriz said...

Happy birthday!

Hope it's turning out to be a good one for you, and hope you enjoy your party! :)

AliceKay said...

Happy Birthday, Deanna. (cute post...lol)

I love the willow tree figurine, too. It is so you. *hugs*

Have a great time at your birthday party tomorrow. You deserve it!

ChicagoLady said...

Happy Birthday, Punkn! I love the Willow Tree figurine, and can understand why you would love it too.

Anonymous said...

Awwww wow, Happy Birthday Punkn!!!!!! Sounds like a good one and I love your gift HUGS!!!

Rita said...

Can you hear me singing hubby's song in Fargo? I love those angels and have gotten a couple of them as gifts. I know am late today, but it sounds like the big party day is tomorrow. Have a wonderful, wonderful time. :):)

PS
You're a year younger than I am.

jewelzmomof4 said...

I know I called you and said Happy Birthday but I forgot to check your blog and say happy birthday so here it is ....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

What is it about 59 year olds . . . I have an eye doctor appt on Wednesday!

LadyStyx said...

Ooooooooooh! Happy belated! *scolds self for not making it through the blogs in a timely manner*