Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 2 (April 2) A to Z Remembering - B is the letter of the day

So how did you do on guessing yesterday's challenge choices? 

Day two of the April A to Z Challenge.  My choices were Barbie Dolls, Big Chief Tablet, and Black and White TV, and Bath Time..

Bath Time is my remembering of the day.

Since there was only a shower in our little apartment, this sink is where I bathed until we moved when I was five years old.  Above the sink (wouldn't you love a sink like this today?) was a nice big window.  As I got older, modesty set in and oh how I hated bath time.  I was so scared the cute little boy next door would look through that window.  I have to smile as I think back and wonder at myself as to what exactly I thought anyone watching was going to see.  Oh, the good ol' days.





 

Up next for Day 3 of the A to Z Challenge is the letter C: Candy Cigarettes, Cards in Bicycle Spokes, Cars.

So what do you supposed I'll choose? Any guesses?










 

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

A darling photo. :)

I recall being embarrassed to no end of a photo of me (age about 6) in a cast iron bath tub reading a blue covered Hardy's Boys book...

Hmm... for "C"... Cat?

Paula Martin said...

So cute - I remember being bathed in the sink too!

Jemima Pett said...

Yeah - I remember being bathed by some girl guides for their child care (or something) badge too. Memories!!

Our tin bath was on the rug in front of the fire.

Happy AtoZing!

Jemima at Jemima's blog

Megan said...

We are using a similiar theme for the A-Z challenge, so I am glad I found your blog. Very cute picture!

www.m5carolin.blogspot.com

Margo Kelly said...

Awesome picture! :) I'm a new follower from the A to Z Challenge. Nice to meet you.

AliceKay said...

Aww, very cute picture. :)

I've seen pictures of me as a little tyke in a similar position.

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! Love it. I was embarrassed about stuff like that too. I think my mom brought her boyfriend over and in the bathroom while I was in the tub (around 5 y/o) I could have died.

Joy said...

Candy cigs! I haven't thought of them in years.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ohmygosh!! Look at you!! Such a cute, chubby baby!

Unknown said...

Another sweet memory, thanks for sharing.