Monday, July 7, 2008

Jim's Big Ol' Fish


Now, I want to preface this with an acknowledgement that this fish isn't going to look all that big to you folks who live on the coast and pull enormous fish out of the ocean. You are just going to have to keep in mind that we "pond" fish. We spent Sunday at our son's just enjoying the day. The kids rode the 4-wheelers, swam, jumped on the trampoline, and just did whatever else they felt like doing. I enjoyed watching them and visiting with my daughter, Tessa, and Greg's wife, Alicia. The guys gave 4-wheeler rides to the kids and fished. Jim was pretty proud of the Bass that he caught in Greg's little pond. It was 20 inches long. The biggest Bass Jim had ever caught previously was 27 inches long. I used to enjoy fishing, but not so much anymore. It was always an inexpensive way to spend an afternoon with the kids. We'd pack a picnic lunch and go to one of the Lakes. Better yet, we'd go creek fishing. Creek fishing isn't for sissies. The water is usually shallow but sometimes you run into deep holes that you have to wade through. Then there are the water snakes to watch out for. Oh, and how about the trees hanging overhead! We were creek fishing once and a snake fell right in front of me from the tree above. Bout scared me to death! Hmmmmmm maybe that explains why I am the way I am - got the bejebeze scared out of me! LOL.
Anyway, I have another busy week ahead of me. Am going to take my dad to a couple of the homes that I've selected for him to look at later on this week. Not really looking forward to that...
Take care all and don't let any pesty ol' snakes slime out of a tree and getcha!

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Thats a nice fish and one happy fisherman.

Psst! Punkn? wanna hear a secret? Them big ol' coast fish that weigh more then about 30-40 pounds are far too much work to pull in - I'd rather catch a bunch of smaller ones anyday!

And my thoughts will continue to be with you - good luck with showing your dad some places. Hopefully there is a winning choice that satisfies everyone, now and later.

ChicagoLady said...

Good luck this week with your dad. I know this has been difficult for both of you, and hopefully you can find a place you both feel will be good for your mom. Hugs!

Karla said...

Now I wanna go fishing LOL I caught a 2 lb bass once...was bream fishing and caught a bass...LOL (that was at Cowhide Cove on Lake Greeson) Haven't been fishing much since then.

I'm with Iggy...I'd lot rather go lake or pond fishing than deep sea.

LadyStyx said...

Bigger than any fish I get. But then again, I do all my fishing in the freezer section of the supermart. ;)

AliceKay said...

Nice sized bass. Sounds like everyone had a nice time on Sunday.

I'll be keeping you and your dad (and your mom as well) in my thoughts this week too. *hugs*