Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thank you God and modern technology and dedicated doctors


This week has one of those marathon weeks. We have had grandkids in and out of here all week for various reasons. The most important reason that this week has been hectic and stressful is that this was the week that Austin had surgery to close the hole in his heart.
AND IT WAS A SUCCESS!!!!!!
He had the surgery done at St. Louis Mercy Hospital. Austin had grown enough that they were able to make an incision in his groin, rather than do open heart surgery. The Doctors said the hole was much bigger than they originally thought, but they were able to fix it. When Austin woke up from the surgery, all he said was "I went to sleep". He remembered nothing about the ordeal. He is already home and if you didn't know better, you'd never imagine he had just gone through any kind of surgery.
I have worried about this child for over two years and am so relieved that the surgery is done and he is doing good. God is good.
I've had no time to read blogs this week, which has been really strange for me. Even if I don't comment on the blogs, rest assured that I will read all the backblogs! I have a lot more to blog about this week but right now I think I'd better get some sleep. I have four sleeping kids here who will be up at the break of dawn. God is good.

7 comments:

AliceKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AliceKay said...

let me try this one more time cuz i messed it up before... *sighs*

Awesome news, Punkn. So great to hear that the surgery was a success and Austin is doing so well. Yes, God is good. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

The relief (and the love) in your tone is obvious to all. :)

I wish Austin a speedy and complete recovery so he can get back to doing what all little boys do best... ...and no, it's not getting muddy or bringing home strange animals in their pockets... it's making their grandmama smile.

sexy41 said...

That is fantastic news Punkn. Glad everything went so well and smooth. Hugs to you.

ChicagoLady said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well. Austin was very lucky to have such a wonderful doctor and a loving family to come home to.

I'm sure he'll give you all the love you can handle, and in between, bring you some strange animal he put in his pocket while getting covered in mud.

Deanna said...

lol chicagolady... just so it isn't a snake...

LadyStyx said...

Awesome news on Austin!