Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Junk Yard Dog

We call our Chihuahua, Whiskey, our Junk Yard Dog. He thinks he is an 80 lb. monster rather than the 8 lb. weakling that he really is. He can be oh so sweet and then out of the blue turns into a demon. We really have to be careful when the grandkids are here. He is great with them one minute and the boom! he is snapping and barking at them something frightful!

Last week our six year old grandson, Dakota, stayed with us a few days. He and the dog got along fine until one morning he was petting him and the dog turned demondog on us. Dakota backed away and walked over to me, put his hands on his hips and said, "Did you really pay money for that dog, Grandma?"

I had to laugh and admit that, yep we paid good money for the right to be terrorized by a rat. LOL have a great day y'all!

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Oh! Look at those glow-in-the-dark Cujo eyes.

I don't think I would even attempt to pat this beast! Give me one of the sheepherder dogs anyday.

ChicagoLady said...

LOL, gotta love kids. "Did you really pay money for that dog, Grandma?"

AliceKay said...

Love it!

Karla said...

that's why I never wanted a chiuaua lol can't spell that dang word yet!! LOL...Seen too many be so sweet and then just outta the blue go ballistic. I'll stick with rotties!!! :-)

Deanna said...

Oh Lordy, Rotties???? I'm very partial to Goldens but they are kinda big for inside. We have had two Golden Retrievers over the years and a smarter, more lovable dog, just can't be found. I love my demondog but he is a challenge sometimes!

LadyStyx said...

How old? Katy turned 8yrs just this week. And yes....she can be a majorly stubborn pigheaded pain in the butt too.

Deanna said...

Whiskey is 4. We got her to keep me company during the time when I was so sick from Chemo. She spent many an hour comforting me with her presence when she was just a puppy. We have a pretty tight bond, as you can imagine.

Lainie said...

I love my chihuahua and he is the sweetest lil pup, not a demondog at all. Hunter looks a lot like Whiskey except Hunter has one floppy ear. I wish both of his ears would stand up straight.
I am going to have to watch him carefully when he is around George's grandkids. Not too sure how he will be around little kids anyway, but especially since he can't see and we all move slowly around him so we don't startle him. Kinda hard to expect a 2 and 4 yr old to follow suit.

Funny how little kids get right to the point, huh? LOL