Friday, July 4, 2008

New Day

Thanks for the encouraging words in response to my dump of words two days ago.
Just a little update. Luke has hired an attorney and is going to try to get Travis. We have also talked to an attorney. We have a lot going for our side. The biggest is that at age 12, what Travis wants will weigh heavily on the judge's decision. He emphatically says he does not want to see Luke more than once a month and absolutely does not want to change his last name. Now I'm just hoping that Luke doesn't start playing the bribing game with him. The past history is the other thing we have going for us. Julie has been the stable person in Travis' life for 12 years. Luke has seen him once a month, if it was convenient for him.
I'm feeling much better about the whole thing. I'm usually not one to panic like I did. I think I just hit overload.
I slept most of yesterday morning. Was back in bed by 10:00 last night and didn't wake back up until 8:30 this morning. I only do that when things get to be more than I can handle. But today is a new day and I am once again ready for it.
I hope everyone has a safe 4th of July. We are going to just stay home today. We'll have mom and dad out for supper and call it an early night again.
I've never much been into the whole fire works stuff. We used to shoot them off some when the kids were little but even then we'd only do the small stuff and sparklers. Speaking of sparklers. Those things are soooo dangerous! Greg (he's 32 now) still has a burn scar on the bottom of his foot. He was doing a sparkler and had sandals on. You can figure out how that went... That poor child was in so much pain. His own children will never get within ten feet of a sparkler! Tomorrow we are having a big family get together at our son's house. Combination 4th of July, Jim's Birthday, and his wife's birthday celebration. It should be fun. Three of Julie's boys (Travis, Cody, and Austin) are staying with us Saturday night. So, all in all it will be a full weekend.
Take care all and keep on keeping on!

10 comments:

Ausgrl said...

hey punkn, a friend of yours from myway was in c2c yesterday (my time) He said to say hello to you and to tell you he camr to visit you at Jopetes and that you would remember him.

LadyStyx said...

Glad you're feeling better about things today. Looks like things are getting more on track now. Will keep your family in my thoughts during this stressful time.

Intense Guy said...

Hey...

"Jim's Birthday, and his wife's birthday celebration."

Aren't YOU his wife? Is it your birthday? I think someones pulling a fast one on us here... LOL

*HUGS*

I'm glad you are feeling better!!!

ChicagoLady said...

Best of luck to you, Julie, and Travis.

Enjoy your Independence Day! I'll be at a barbecue and watching the fireworks set off by the town I'll be in.

Oh, and I love sparklers, I've never had a problem with them. I suppose they could be dangerous (IL has said they are illegal I guess) but Greg is the first person I've ever heard of that got burned by one.

Deanna said...

lmao Iggy, what I MEANT to say was Greg's wife's birthday!!!!!!! I snuck my birthday in a couple of months ago :)

Deanna said...

Aus, thanks for telling me. The only person I can think who I met at Jopete's was Joyerman. Is that who is was? I haven't talked to him in years!

Intense Guy said...

Oops. I'm embarrassed. I read that wrong.

Darn, now I'll have to go cancel the singing striping telegram guy... Shoot. :)

Karla said...

Everythings gonna be fine Punkn...Just keep on thinking positive..:-) Glad your feeling better. Sounds like the 4th was fun time for you. We never let our kids do fireworks. Their dad would do them (my cousin had a fireworks stand so we didn't pay for fireworks)...they always enjoyed just watching!

AliceKay said...

The chatter's nic was flight1, punkn. He said Jopete told him that c2c was a nice and friendly chat room.

Sorry, I'm a bit behind in reading your blog. I guess because I don't have it linked to mine I don't always come here when I make the rounds.

Deanna said...

Thanks AK. I don't know flight1 but there is only one person it can be. Hope I get to talk to him again someday. And you are welcome to link my sit to yours lol.