Sunday, July 20, 2008

Party Animal X2

Thursday night I went out with the girls. We had a really good time just kicking back visiting and drinking a few margaritas. We played PoKeNo 3 or 4 times (and I LOST 3 or 4 times lol). We each pay in $5 at the beginning of the game and keep track of the number of chips at the end of each game. When we finally decide we are tired of playing, the pot is divided between the two three chip holders with the first place winner getting the top prize, 2nd place gets $15 and last place takes their $5 back hom with them. We've played this game many times and I believe the best I've ever done is take my $5 back home. Did I mention that I had fun? lol

Friday afternoon my friend, Patti and I headed to the Lake of the Ozarks. We went early to get their cabin opened up and ready for the weekend. Jim and her husband, Gerard, came down when Gerard got off work. Once Patti and I got everything unloaded and set up we headed down to the water. Patti is a sun worshiper. I told her the other day that she is going to kill herself. Her reply? "Oh well, I'll look good in my casket!" I, on the other hand, have Lupus and cannot tolerate the sun. So, we both headed for the water, Patti in the sun, me under a tree closer to the cove (watching for snakes of course lol). It was cool and refreshing. Once the guys got there we gave them time to relax with a couple of beers and then headed off in the boat to find a Lakeside restaurant.

Our destination was DockNockers. What a busy place! They are known for their crab legs, so of course that is what we got. Somehow we got lucky enough to get a table right on the lake where we could watch the boats coming in. The crab legs were some of the best I've ever had, even counting those I had while in Boston (and I thought those were the best ever!).
This picture is their boat parking. They also have a land parking lot. This restaurant is not one to go to if you are in a hurry. They offer NO service and don't apologize for it. You place your order, wait forever, and pick it up when your name is called. If you want a drink, you go get it. There are no bar maids hopping around taking orders, that's for sure. But somehow they make it work. The laid back, I don't care attitude is perfect for lake life. I found the following quote on their web site. It kind of sums up the kind of place it is (although I didn't see any nudity or even any scantily clad anyone for that matter! lol)
Our Request List
We would like all women to please donate any lingerie
or bathing suits, bras, panties and unused toys to the establishment. All men
must hit the wallet checkpoint before entering. If it's too short to meet our
girth's standards, we have an ATM. Please don't steal from this creative crap
shack...it makes us pissed and sexually frustrated...besides all items in this
dump are for sale...including the employees! All unatended children and ladies
with clothing will be forced to walk the plank and some sold as
slaves!
Answers to Any Critics!
1) Yes, we are tasteless, rude, perverted,
and at times immature.
2) Yes, we are in a low rent district.
3) Yes, our
morals send the wrong message to kids, and big breasted women.
4) Yes, we are
the lakes original "Crab Shack"
5) Yes, we painted the bar this year...and
that's all!

After we got our bellies full, we tooled around the Lake for awhile, marveling at the number of huge corporate homes, condos, and more modest family homes that dotted the shoreline. The other amazing thing was how few of the large boats there were dominating the water space. The past few years we had pretty much stayed out of the main channel because of all the big cigar boats (that's what we call them anyway). The effects of the cost of gas was very evident on the Lake. We mostly saw pontoon boats and moderate size boats. Apparently the big monsters were in dry dock, waitiing for better days. It was nice to be able to cruise around the Lake safely for a change.
Once we got back to the cabin, we sat on the deck for a bit and then called it a night. I think we were in bed (and asleep, for those who are wondering) by 11:00 lol. (we need to work on our party animal techniques I guess). Saturday morning we had a late breakfast, a swim in the Lake, and then it was time for Jim and me to head home and back to reality.
I got home in time to sit with my mom so dad could go to church. I'll have to admit, though, having gotten away for a few days made it much easier to do.
My baby turned 28 last week! so tonight we are having Julie and her family over for BBQ. It should be fun having just them rather than the whole bunch.
I hope everyone had as good of a weekend as I have had so far. And of course hope everyone has a great week!


7 comments:

Karla said...

Oh that sounds wonderful...A day on the lake...and the Lake of the Ozarks is a beautiful lake. It is relaxing just to read your blog!!! My son's taking his fiancee to Camp Albert Pike for their honeymoon..it's in the Ouachita's near Glenwood. just sounds so nice...

AliceKay said...

Yep, sure sounds like a nice relaxing time. I'm glad you were able to get away and enjoy yourself. :)

(did you spot any snakes?)

Intense Guy said...

Wow. Someone needs to teach the Part-tee animal how to play cards! LOL

That restaurant sounds kind of cool. The lake and the sightseeing is my sort of thing! I love the notes from the menu - LOL!

And yes, the gas prices are pinning some boats to the dock. At around one or two miles to the gallon (and some of them get even less) some of them won't be leaving the dock at all this summer.

ChicagoLady said...

It sounds like you had a really nice relaxing time away. I like how the website spelled unattended wrong, lol.

sexy41 said...

Its sounds like you had a great time. You need to get away and do something fun sometimes.

Hugs

LadyStyx said...

Sounds like a great time. I woulda been right next to ya under the tree with ya. Used to be a "sunworshipper" myself but these days I get sun-poisoning easily.

Lainie said...

Those are the kinds of weekends I enjoy. Glad you had fun with the girls too.