Sunday, July 13, 2008

The pride of Missouri...

We were driving around Jefferson City this afternoon and happened around the State Capitol Building. The lighting was just right to highlight the sight we often see on the top of our Capitol Building. Hmmmmmmmm
The statue on the top of the Capitol is Ceres, the Roman Goddess of Agriculture. I believe she is supposed to be holding wheat in her hand. I often wonder if the architect/artist had a good laugh when he was designing the statue. But I sincerely doubt anyone could have foreseen the fact that from the right angle on a clear day that the statue would look like anything but the goddess of agriculture. Ok, maybe I just have a dirty mind.
:)
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*laffs*

Umm.. she's also rather...
...flat chested...

Oh my... if this gets out, the State of Missouri will be tearing it down and putting up a new one.

Intense Guy said...

By the way, thanks for explaining the "show me" state thing...

AliceKay said...

LMAO....love the pic.

ChicagoLady said...

Ummmmmm, no comment! lmao

LadyStyx said...

*laffz* That statue gives new meaning to "Show Me" alright!

*WOOF*